Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you will not be interested but some will
it is a long slide show and not motorcycle related but we got this awesome chance to go to a fishing lodge in Point Baker AK. It was an amazing experince. No motorcycles sorry but hey we didn't even see a car all week. lots of planes and boats and WHALES too.

Click fast through the show . lots of nonsense..
It was cold about 50-60 f. but the water spray made it lots colder. we wore tons of clothes.
Home cooked meals and amazing staff.

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/zartan1/AK%202009/?albumview=slideshow

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, Flix.

Ted the bear is about 27 years old :) he usually goes on vaca with us.
sorry so many picts , it was so hard to sort em out. I had about 3 times that amount .
Guess what we had for dinner tonight haha. Also made a batch of smoked salmon. The cats are ecstatic!!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Awesome trip Z! Those pics are sweet! You guys look really happy/good together. That makes me smile!

Is there a way you can provide some more info? Who you planned it with, was it all inclusive, etc, etc? I so want to go to Alaska one day, and I think it would make an awesome summer road trip one year, so I like collecting info and planning these things, that way I'd be ready when I have the time/money, you know?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As you know I am a Realtor. about 5-6 years ago I sold this couple a home and then when they moved for collage a year ago I sold their home. We have become friends. Kurt hurt his knee and had to back out of this years trip so we picked it up the last minute. They gave us their air mileage also. We are pretty grateful.

Her Mom and Dad bought an existing small lodge 6 years ago and rebuilt it to a medium 10 room lodge. Point Baker.
www.landsendlodge.comhttp://
The web site is kind of plain.
all about fishing. You can only get there by boat or lil plane because it is one of the islands south west of Juneau. You can fly in from Petersburg.
No place to ride. Fish fish fish , tool around in a boat and chill out!!
lil store right there but sketchy. 15 buck for a six pack. but it costs them a fortune to bring stuff in.

yes we had fun and didn't even bicker( well maybe once or twice haha :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
I remember when I visited Alaska, it was fun. Sure looks like it was fun from those pics.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
zartan, those pics look great, and as Felix said, the ones with the bear look really good, almost like the travelling garden gnome!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.