Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to go to the airforce to be a jet engine mechanic. tell me you guys think or if anybody has been to the airforce.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
I say go for it, dont waste any time. The airforce is awesome, I've had alot of family in the airforce and navy. Just study up for the ASVAB and try to get the highest score possible, who knows you could be in military intelligence.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
I've been involved with the army before, I considered going back once I made trade (sparky) not enough money in it over here. I'd say go for it, if you think its something you would enjoy, thats the important thing. Do that for a while get a name for yourself then head to commercial airlines to make some good money :D

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Wow thats cool- first of all thanks for deciding to help our country in a time of war. That's really cool that you'd do that.

·
4,853 Posts
Jester said:
Wow thats cool- first of all thanks for deciding to help our country in a time of war. That's really cool that you'd do that.
Now I'm not being an ass, but damn those airforce boys have it made. Private pools and quarters. Better food and less time in warzones, easy to rank up and lets face it the airforce has WAY more money than any other branch. Its sort of a bitch to get in, you need good credentials. You can really make some money over there. And I wouldnt worry about that "war" its the Army's and the Marine's problem as of now, all it is, is a policeing action. But thank you anyways I mean the service is the service right?

And jester you're gonna be late for the bus, dont forget your lunch in the refrigerator. I put some cookies in there for you, but eat the celery stick dont just throw it away. hahaha I could go on all day with this lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
And jester you're gonna be late for the bus, dont forget your lunch in the refrigerator. I put some cookies in there for you, but eat the celery stick dont just throw it away. hahaha I could go on all day with this lol.
[/quote]
HAhaha...... ;D ;D ;D And yes, please continue.......

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
virtualmatrix258 said:
ahahahahaha i was laughing out loud at that. that was really funny.

ok mom sure thing :D

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
My mom was in the Air Force.

I've always wanted to go in the Air Force Reserve so I wouldn't have to move every year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah im not worried about the war at all caz if im a jet mechanic they kinda have to protect me to keep the birds flying. dont worry, im not affraid to be called a pencil pusher or that im joining the chairforce (get that one a lot). cant wait. i've also been kinda excersizing a bit for basic. im at a 14 min. 2 mile. 55 pushups in 1 min. 65 sit ups in 2 min. and 20 pullups.

·
4,853 Posts
eh, fuck what people say dude, people get pissed off because of the credentials it takes to be accepted and they get ants in the pants when they have no choice but to be in infantry. Its one thing to WANT to carry a weapon, and we need those guys, and its another to have to carry a weapon. As for you make no mistake you'll be trained on how to kill people so be prepared for that particular mindset. Just laugh at those tards calling you the chairforce when you have a pool to swim in after your day is over, and a hot meal to eat in air conditioning.

I dont down any branch of the service, they all have their rolls.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i hear yeah dude. i dont mind what the other branches say because ill be laughing when there calling for air support. "if at first you dont succeed, call an air strike"

·
4,853 Posts
haha I was about to mention close air support and air strikes until I thought about the navy and the marines, plus the army's apache's and A-10's. Bastards are getting more and more independant lol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
there's a girl somewhere on here who is a jet engine mechanic...I think her name is greezmonkey or something like that. I saw her name in a hand warmer thread. try to pm her and see how she likes it.

G

·
Hey Cody, send me a PM if you have any questions.. I'm a jet engine mechanic for the AF, Aerospace Propulsion App. I can tell you everything about it. Including the 12 hour shift I just did because the crew chiefs lost a pair of scissors.

G

·
virtualmatrix258 said:
Now I'm not being an ass, but damn those airforce boys have it made. Private pools and quarters. Better food and less time in warzones, easy to rank up and lets face it the airforce has WAY more money than any other branch. Its sort of a bitch to get in, you need good credentials. You can really make some money over there. And I wouldnt worry about that "war" its the Army's and the Marine's problem as of now, all it is, is a policeing action. But thank you anyways I mean the service is the service right?

As for you make no mistake you'll be trained on how to kill people so be prepared for that particular mindset. Just laugh at those tards calling you the chairforce when you have a pool to swim in after your day is over, and a hot meal to eat in air conditioning.
You're quite mistaken about the AF Virt. It all depends on your AFSC (job) about what kind of chair force you're really in. Let's take Security Forces, 12 month deployments and usually attached to an Army unit. I won't even get into all the special forces we have and their deployments. I'd sure as hell like to know where these private pools are that you speak of because the one here I have to PAY to get into and anyone can use it as long as they can get on base. You think getting rank in the AF is easy? In some ways it is and some ways it isn't. I know for one the Army has us beat by 4 months from E-1 to E-4 and those are the ranks they just give you. Army and Marines you gain rank fast (relatively speaking) because everyone is getting out so fast they need to fill in the ranks. And as for this "war" thing being only the Marines and Armys problem, the AF will always in the middle east. We are there to STAY. The Army and Marines will pack their shit up and leave and we will be the ones left to occupy it. Let's take WII and Germany. Everyone left but the AF (although I think there is one army base), we have several bases over there. Italy, Turkey, England, etc etc. All over Europe. How about Q'atar from the Gulf War? What about Osan in Korea? AF controlled. In fact that used to be one of the bases -Q'atar- I would have deployed to had Little Rock not taken over that slot.

And for your last quote, all I can do is laugh on the inside. I am MAINTENANCE. We work 12 hour shifts all the time. I get to work in the morning before the sun comes up and I leave work well after the sun has set. It hurts my eyes to leave the hanger during lunch because I usually never see the sun. Our hanger was in the 30's most of this winter because nobody felt like fixing the heaters and once a hanger/plane is cold it takes forever to warm up so usually being outside is warmer than being in our hanger. As for this AC you talk about, I'd like to know what that is too because during the summer it's blistering hot and the hanger doors are closed so there is no AC, no wind. Just heat. I bleed at least once every day I go to work. MAINTENANCE is not part of the chair force. We're the guys that constantly get screwed because that's how things work in the AF.

As for being trained to kill... Ha. That is all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
CrewDog said:
a 70? for the airforce is that good? Are you still looking into joining as a Jet Eng Mech?
getting a 70 qualified me for about 95% of the jobs. but they are saying i have a red green color difficiency and knocked out all the mechanical jobs. so i decided to see my eye docter to make sure and they said i might have a very very minor difficiency so im gunna try to raise a little hell to get that changed and open up those mechanic jobs.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts