Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my filter out to inspect it and there was a keychain in the air box....I guess it had a 1 in a 1000 shot to fall out of the under seat compartment and land into the intake...

also my air filter smelled like GAS, its the element youre supposed to soak in SAE 30W oil but it was only saturated on one side and the napkin absorbed a yellow color...

needless to say I ordered a new element... I looked all i could for leaks on the tank and found nothing.

·
Registered
928 Posts
a keychain? like one you put your car or bike keys on? that's odd...

Being that the bikes are carbed and what I've seen and know of carbed vehicles, it doesn't surprise me that it would smell like gas, but on the other hand I know pretty much nothign about these carbs. I'm doing my jet kit tomorrow so I'll get a little familiar with it then...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Maybe some one thought the snorkel was a good place to stash their keys?!!!

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Just about everyone has removed it!!! There is not much else you can do with it!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any power gains from removing it? 1hp? 2?

I was thinking I could make some piping on the bike link to it and have a true cold air or ram air intake. make a few hp and improve MPG

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Don't think there is a huge improvement by removing the snorkel, but it just opens up the breathing a little better.
I think that a ram air mod has been discussd once before as well, but since the bike doesn't make huge HP in the first place, it doesn't reach high enough speeds to make an efficient enough ram system workable.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.