Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyway to adjust the height of the shifting pedal and brake pedal? it would be a lot more comfortable if they were at a lower angles with the footpegs.
for the second time since i had this bike, taking off from a stop light, i accidentally shifted to neutral from 1st gear, kinda sucks :mad:
thanks ;D

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the spring holding the break and shifter still brings it back to its orig. position even after loosening the bolts, is there anyway to keep it low so your foot doesnt have to reach too high to brake or shift,

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Umm, I dont have my 250 anymore so its a little hard to go check. But there should be. Maybe one of the current 250 riders will answer that.

Loosen the one at the bottom then twist the one at the top to adjust... then tighten the one at the bottom back up once done. 18Nm is the torque value if you have a wrench.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
joeRWMN said:
I can't help with the brake pedal, but the shifter is very easy to remove and then bend in a vice. But I think you'd best be served by new rear sets. Two companies that I know of make them, but they cost a lot of money. I just modified mine with nice affordable brute force.

Have you tried dropping the motorcycle on it's side?
LMAO, i may try brute force if there is no other cheap option, but i dont think dropping it will be as accurate.

what do you guys think of this paint design? maybe basic but looks nice right?

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Very nice paint, but I'd black out the entire can if I were you...

And Felix is right on both of the adjustments... I'll try and get you some pictures this weekend of how to do it....

If somebody else has pics already of this, please post up and don't wait for me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
joeRWMN said:
I hadn't noticed you have green as well. Right on! Does it really say prometheus on your bike or is that on the photo?
it's actually the SE model I blacked out the white vinyl stickers and added a little green to the bottom and I'll probably get vinyl stickers for the Prometheus. I'm also thinking the black part would be matte paint.

Spooph blacked out can is a good idea I might do that.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I like your paint idea. I'd make the Mike silhouette green though. Personally, I'm torn between blacking out the whole can or just the shield and tip like you've got. I've seen good examples of both, and I'll be doing one or the other next year. I'm just not sure if I can commit to the full paint job.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Felix, I can see your pics! And I know exactly what you're talking about, I was just going to do a vid to clarify... :p

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Delta107 said:
I like the paint job. but you need two things a blacked out exhaust and a solo seat cowl in green.
yup i probably will black out the exhaust, and save up some money for the seat cowl, i was reading up on painting fairings...i thought it would be easier, i thought i could just paint over the paint on it now,
i've taken the white stickers off it already, so i might as well finish the plan, might take a little bit longer than i thought.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
prometheus, I finally got around to shooting the videos, but I'm just so stinking tired (clocked 28 hrs already), I will assemble them tomorrow and hopefully post... The previous posts about the nuts, not so accurate.... But I figured it out... :p

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Well Felix, the nut on top of the bracket needs to be loosened, and then it's easier if you just pull the bracket off with the little pin on the bottom of the lever, and then just twist the entire thing up, cause the bracket captures the bottom bolt.... So we were all on the right track, just a slightly different way to approach it...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts