the disc lock looks good, has a heavy feel to it, and a slick stainless finish
easy to store in your pocket, in your bag or under the bike's rear seat

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he he he... this is precisely for this high sensitivity that i like it
i must say that i park my bike at night with a rain cover... this prevents the neighbour's cat from activating the alarm
anyway, a false alarm is not a disaster... the siren stops by itself after a while
it certainly keeps the potential trouble makers at bay!

·
1,465 Posts
was doing the new year shopping for my Ninja a couple of weeks ago discovered this Xena disc lock, on my dealer's novelties shelf it comes in handy for those of us who do not have an alarm fitted on their bike the disc lock has a sensor, which gets activated at the slightest movement it then sends out a piercing alarm sound, powered by its own small battery the sensor has a timer, which allows a few seconds for locking / unlocking the disc lock looks good, has a heavy feel to it, and a slick stainless finish easy to store in your pocket, in your bag or under the bike's rear seat
I've seen ppl flip and crash their bike because they forget to take them off. Only down fall really!!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good point... i guess this would be a real downfall ;-)
the disc lock comes in a neat storage bag... am leaving this empty bag on my handle bar, as a marker
... to make sure i don'tt start the bike before removing the lock

·
1,465 Posts
good point... i guess this would be a real downfall ;-) the disc lock comes in a neat storage bag... am leaving this empty bag on my handle bar, as a marker ... to make sure i don'tt start the bike before removing the lock
very good idea. Just know they aren't nearly as effective as an alarm as the bike can always be picked up and put on a trailer or in a van. I have seen this done before to a bike next to mine back in my college days. 4 Guys pulled up in a van got out and picked te bike up and shoved it in the back and left. Took them probably 20 seconds. But this lock definitely works good against single person theft and makes driving the bike that much harder

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know... speed is of the essence, indeed...
you must have read the feature in one of the recent Kawasaki e-newsletters as well
... they were interviewing a reformed motorbike thief... he was saying the same
but we have a secret weapon here... our 3 house dogs!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.