Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not know there was a turbo made for the ninja 250? Is this true? I need to do more research more offten!!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Just one . Seldome seen slim
Ran 121 at Bonniville

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Speed is just a question of money .how fast you want to go?
So far the problem I have run into is . Getting the turbo mounted high enough so oil will drain back to the sump. Without hitting the front wheel. I am working on it a little in my head. I have couple turbos I have held up there and the plumbing is going to be the challange. also a small enough unit to maintain boost is hard to find with out spending any money.

·
Registered
80 Posts
tjlawson86 said:
How much are we talking here? Give me a price and I think we could do something.
You have to tell me your goals. What type of riding you plan on doing with it, how much power you are realistically looking for, what your budget is, and if you want to stay with the stock carbs or go fuel injection.

I want it to be very clear that if you're looking to do it cheap its not going to happen. I'm not going to be sourcing used parts, mig welding junk, cutting corners or doing half assed work. We make quality systems, and thats reflected in our prices. You would be looking at least 2,000.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Okay so its settled i'm Turblown's new best friend!

Dude loved the site, really cool to see someone who owns a nice company like that. And I really liked the supra pics...gawd i love them.

So would you actually have to convert the engine to fuel injection in order for the turbo to have an effect..or even work?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I estamate a turbo 250 6 psi boost non intercooled
Fuel injection is a given with parts and fabrication plus dyno time to tune .
20,000 dollars
How close do you think I am?

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
$20,000...That made me sad ---:mad:

lol oh well if i use the olsen twin diet i could get it faster, or just about as faster than with the turbo attached on.

Oh, what about Mr. Turbo bolt on turbo? ahahaha seriously!

·
Registered
80 Posts
You don't have to, but it would be easier and nicer. Its more expensive though. How much are you looking to spend?

virtualmatrix258 said:
Okay so its settled i'm Turblown's new best friend!

Dude loved the site, really cool to see someone who owns a nice company like that. And I really liked the supra pics...gawd i love them.

So would you actually have to convert the engine to fuel injection in order for the turbo to have an effect..or even work?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts