Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined New Ninja, so hello everyone 8)

I used a Japanese buying service in the U.S. to purchase the part and the whole process from the time order to getting the piece in my hand was about a month. After service fees and EMS shipping (by air, not sea), the fender was about $400.

The quality of the carbon fiber is superb. The installation was fairly straight forward with the fit being about 98% genuine. I had to file down one of the holes a tiny bit to get the bolt to go in straight, but it wasn't a big deal.

The only hassle was that I had to remove the exhaust and the brake line guide bolted to the swing arm <<-- which required careful removal of one end of the rear brake line so I could unthread it from the guide.

INSTALLED PICTURES
The passenger foot peg is going to be re-installed until there is a reasonable solution for an exhaust hanger on the other side. I just left it off for the sake of the photo.

**SIDENOTES**
My drive chain has been upgraded to an RK EK520 SRX series gold chain. It looks funky because that's the factory grease on it that hasn't worn off yet. Don't ask where I bought the chain, because my mechanic ordered for me and installed it haha.

The carbon fiber from the exhaust matches the hugger (in terms of color). In the close-up photo, the hugger just happened to catch the reflection of the sky while the exhaust can caught the glow from the sun hitting the buildings in the alley.

Anyway, just wanted to share! There are more upgrades coming. Happy modding :)

Mods so far:
A-Tech CF rear hugger
RK EK520 SRX Chain (Gold)
Puig DB windscreen
Dynojet Carb Kit
Yoshi carbon slip on
Galfer SS lines (Front and Rear)
Custom Paint (Pikes Peak Pearl White)
Powder coated wheels (Gold)

Mods coming:
A-Tech SPL CF front fender
Oil pan
Beet rear sets

Hope to be posting more!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is soooooo sweet! i saw the guage cluster done in carbon fiber and that looks sooo sick. But your bike is the sexiest 250r ive seen. keep up the mods and more importantly keep up the updates
Thanks!! I also like the CF gauge cluster, but I have to be choosy. These parts don't come cheap ;)

I'm taking my fairings off tonight to take to the body shop this week to get these flat black accents painted to mimic this bike from MS-Sailing.

Japan FTW :)

welcome! yeah that looks real dope
Appreciated!

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Welcome!!! Looks awesome. $400 for the fender is not bad, thats actually pretty reasonable. Somebody needs to import this stuff. Do you have a website for the fender and CF gauge cluster? What color was your bike before you painted it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome!!! Looks awesome. $400 for the fender is not bad, thats actually pretty reasonable. Somebody needs to import this stuff. Do you have a website for the fender and CF gauge cluster? What color was your bike before you painted it?
http://www.a-tech.org/shop

Click on the 250r Banner to check out the goods :)

My bike was originally black

·
Registered
192 Posts
hey bro i was just wonderin how much did it cost only to paint your farings white. I was quoted 350 if i took them in to them. I wish they came factory with white. be so sick. ill stick with the black rims too. lol Nice bike tho. Love the hugger but wanna get a exhaust first. I bet you got atleast 8K in your bike. And he chose a 250 to do in on hahaha GOOD CHOICE!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The paint job isn't your standard "white". It's the pearl white from the Nissan 350z. I'm not sure how good your painter is, but as they say you get what you pay for. I paid $625 for all the body work + gas tank. The clear coat on this is gel-like and is smooth as butter. $350 seems REALLY cheap, but who knows, you might have found a great deal.

I bet you got atleast 8K in your bike.
No...thank goodness it's not that bad yet haha.

And he chose a 250 to do in on hahaha GOOD CHOICE!!!
Nice jab? And you're the one ASKING ME how much it costs to get a custom paint job?

More importantly....
YOU'RE CHOOSING TO THIS ON A 250!?! GOOD CHOICE!!!

I'm an enthusiast and enthusiasts are willing to pay the price for the best they can afford. Whether that be as simple as rim stripes or as complex as a full on race conversion.

I can put my money where my mouth is.

This bike gets more attention than any large SS bike during my weekly canyon rides and the best part of it all is that I can keep up with my group of larger bikes I ride with without a problem.

A bike is a bike. Some people choose to put 10K in mods on a 10k bike. What's your point? I just happened to choose a 250 as my modding bike of choice.

If I'm wrong about the tone of your comment, please let me know. If I'm not... my rant is over haha

·
Registered
5 Posts
forget the haters if they are in fact haters?....

i follow your progress on kawiforums and i personally love the stuff you've you done. its odd tho, you've done all the stuff i would have done or would want to have done if i would have gotten my 250r...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, welcome, I love the bike. I was just trying to figure out how I could order that same rear hugger from a tech, if you don't mind me asking, what was the service you used to purchase it?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Haha no I ment you got like 8 all together in your bike. So you probally put like what 4 grand into it. Just guessing. Yeah I think its stupid to buy a $10,000 bike then drop another 4 or 5 grand on it. Thats just stupid. Like holy crap if your just lookin to ride around what the hell you need 1300cc's for?? lol Yeah I love that color. My friend said get white b4 I got mine but they didnt have it stock. And I never saw a white one b4. No I want white so bad. Yeah well I when to 1 body shop and they said just $600 for the paint alone then it would be more if I had them take the farings off. But went to another place and they said like $350 for paint and stuff and like $650 if I had them take the farings off. Definally painting it white no matter what. I think it just looks cleaner. And no I wasent trashin on your bike wish I had one like it.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
dude your bikes my background!! aha i love it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how much did that white paint job cost you?
I answered this about three posts above yours haha. I'm not going to repeat it again :)

I personally hate your bike, I think it looks MASSIVELY trashy, wouldnt touch it if you paid me...
::) Fine with me, but you still can't be my friend lol

-------------------------------

Weth56, thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to start throwing down the Hammer of Thor ;)

$300 for labor to remove the fairings and gas tank is a RIP OFF. Are you sure that second place quoted you correctly? $600 for the paint alone sounds more in the ball park of what you should be expecting for a quality paint job.

dude your bikes my background!! aha i love it!
Right on! :) Glad you enjoy it

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Beast. My bike is lowered so I am afraid I do not have the clearance for this mod.
My husband is really interested in it though. I love the tail section they offer.

I am so looking forward to seeing the black on the white. I wanted to do a A-tech replica on my green Ninja. I think I would rather keep it vinyl becaues the green might just be a first edition if rumors are correct and no green next year. I did get more for my 99 ninja because it was one of the few Clean and green ones around. Thanks for the great picts and updates.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts