Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
08 250r --- When riding and bike hits about 8500 RPM or so it feels like the bike is bogging down and is struggling to find gas or something. I can open the throttle further and almost like a pulsing but barely makes it 9500... any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
need mo info!

How many miles?
Mods?
Have you messed with the jetting?

currently, sounds like either a diaphram is ripped from taking the carb apart (re-jet or shimming the needles), or, that the main-jet is jetted improperly...

Does it sound anything like this:

Kawasaki 250R Aibox modification - www.newninja.com

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
What is your gearing set up and what gear are you in when trying to break 9500 rpm? If your bike is completely stock and you are in 6th, this may be your problem. Try breaking 11000 rpm in a lower gear first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike is bone stock no performance mods etc... havent touch jets or anyhting... Kinda scratchin my head like crazy....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry forgot 4500 miles on it so shes very new. Have done all oil changes etc.. and required maintenance. I am so confused...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
A stock bike will take a while in 6th gear breaking 10500 rpm. You will be able to redline it in lower gears. A few intake/carb and gearing mods will get you past that barrier.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
mmmm, from experience with other bikes, the issues your describing sounds like it's starving for either gas, or air. If you're able to describe the sound a little better, or maybe take a video, I might be able to know which one....

You might want to check:

1.) fuel filter for being clogged
2.) fuel line pinched
3.) vacuum line pinched
4.) air box - rubber boots and such for a possible blockage (although doubtful)
5.) Maybe even a leaf blocking the snorkel (more probably)

But as Felix said, when diagnosing an issue, start with the basics, and as you eliminate variables it becomes that much easier to find the problem...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts