Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new windscreen, ZERO GRAVITY double bubble, in dark smoke. I really can tell a big difference in the wind protection compared to stock screen. If your looking for one, buy at WWW.ZGOUTLET.COMhttp://, which is zero gravitys overstock outlet site and you can save $20 off list price. I got mine for 70, plus 12 in shipping.

Also got a new ORBIT tank protector in carbon fiber with the green kawasaki logo on it. Nothing much of a mod, just trying to keep my tank fresh.

Bought a new JOE ROCKET phoenix 5.0 jacket, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. Great armor, that stays in place, great features some cheaper jackets just dont have. This one lists for $159.99, but I got it on sale for $129.99 and I could not be happier with it.

Next up, installing the fender kit I have had for a few weeks and not got around to. Then Im going exhaust hunting. The only other things after the exhaust that I really want would be rim strips, solo seat cowl for back seat and maybe a K&N filter.

Ill post more as more gets done.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
nice. i got the same jacket... 50 bucks. ebay. lol brand new still had the tags on it just the seller got the wrong size for christmas. i agree, a very nice jacket. that screen looks pretty cool to.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Was the screen hard to install? Cause I know I took the stock one off one day and it was a pain to put back on. How much did this screen cost by the way?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The screen was a little tricky to get slid into position, but not too bad. One thing you need to be careful with is when you remove the rubber bushings from the stock screen and install them on the new screen, you dont want one of those breaking and they are a TIGHT fit. The screen lists for $89.95 on Zero Gravity's main website. But like I said up top, if you go to their outlet/overstock site (www.zgoutlet.comhttp://) you can pick it up for $70. The shipping was $12, so all and all it was $82 delivered. They only have the double bubble in dark or light smoke for $70, and the taller touring model which I think is rediculous looking.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You re-use all the hardware from the stock screen. Another issue people have been asking about, is weather or not Dark Smoke can be seen through, and how much. So here is a picture looking thru the screen, and you can still see thru it just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It does take a little bit before it grows on you. Its about 2 inches higher in the middle then stock, but that helps out with the wind a good bit. I considered just getting a tinted stock replacement, but I have had some interesting times in the wind and anything that could help in the least bit I was going to do.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good on ya for taking the wind as a top consideration, and besides I think it looks sick. I just ordered one from the site you mentioned and delivered here to canada was 95 USD or 123.00 CND. Thanks for the info man, and nice bike!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The screen is great. Even at the Canadian price, I think it would be well worth it for both wind and looks. Actually, for just over a hundred bucks (Can$), it may be one of the best mods you can do for the money.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey NCSTEVE, man I ordered this windscreen on April 9th and they said it would be shipped in 3-4 days. Im still waiting, did you have along wait.?

I understand Im in canada and its gotta clear customs, but I ordered rim stripes a week after and got those days ago.

Just wondering how you found their delivery speed. If anyone else has had long delays with international shopping please let me know your experience, thanks. I know it hasnt been that long but I'm starting to get worried???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts