Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got chased by a dog on my backroad ride today, stupid dog. I beeped my horn at him, that didn't help. So I gunned it and let him have a taste of my rear tire. See ya later asshole.

·
Registered
30 Posts
should have let him get close then blast him in the face with some CO2. or turn around and play chicken. pop a wheelie towards him. he'd run then.

·
Registered
633 Posts
....when i took the test for my permit if a animal aproches you your to ride in front of it and then swerv off, why i dont know

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
R6S_2NR said:
....when i took the test for my permit if a animal aproches you your to ride in front of it and then swerv off, why i dont know
You took a motorcycle permit test? No way (Shocked Expression). This never gets old. hahah lol

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I almost high sided this summer because of a dog . But really I over reacted because it caught me by surprise. my bad. That was one of my two lockem ups this summer. other- car with boat with no brake lights.

But then last ride out I heard all this commotion and looked in my rear view mirror and there were dogs chasing throttle rocket. He had to laugh because they came at me first and I never even saw them . Sneaky little buggers.

Use caution and our technique is to slow down till we just reach them and then gas. They get confused by it all. Honestly though be careful because you never know what they will do.
Humans keep you furry kids in the yard. yikes.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I have tons of experience with dogs. I ride a bicycle . My advice is to ignore the dog as best as possible. IF you see the dog comming at you . Like running from someones yard . slow down a little then before the dog reaches you speed up . it throws the dogs timing off.
If the dog gets to you it will go after your tires. I don't know why . I think it is the noise or the spinning wheels.
Dogs seem to stick there nose at the bottom of the wheel and bark.

Do not try to kick or swerve or heaven forbid spray the dog with somthing. You will only crash your bike and get bit by the dog.
The reason the dog is hasing you is territouy. once you leave it's territory they will stop chassing.If it runs out in front of you just hit it . Most likly you will miss but try to slow down and all but swerving to much will crash you .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was funny, the first time I went by him he just laid there did nothing. When I came back by, he ran to intercept me going right for my leg. I said "Oh hell no" and hit the throttle, later bitch. This was my first dog attack, I handled it pretty well.

Yeah, I knew how to avoid him, I just didn't know I was going to have to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
nah what you should do is stop the bike, pull out a paintball gun and shoot the hell out of the dog, then hop back on the bike and leave. its the owner's fault for not having the damn dog on a leash.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
dirt -sorry That is not really a reasonable response. nor is the co2 Piano
I hope you guys are just kidding around.

Mad Mad great job at keeping your head! :) Dogs, deer, cows, kids, balls , cars you never know...

·
Registered
101 Posts
one of the possible answers to when being confronted by a dog on the MSF written test was to stick your leg out and kick the dog so it doesnt touch your bike. haha.. u could have done that. ha nah just playing

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There are the STUPIDEST questions ahaha

I took a practice drivers test and it had a question with a picture of a sign that said ONE LANE BRIDGE and choices about what the sign could possibly mean.

And then there was the school crossing sign, for which one of the possible answers was "be prepared to swim"

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
My best dog story.
I was riding with a group of bicycle racers in the countryside. We came to a quiet road with a slight up hill grade. I stoped to pee. As the group rode past a yard three doge charged out after the pack. They yelled and seceemed and squerted the dogs with water bottles. Behind this group was a basset hound .With his short legs and floppy ears he could not keep up with the bikes and other three of his pals. He was just happy to tail along behind the comotion his pals where causing. I rode up behind him on my bicycle . He did not know I was there . When I got on top of him I yelled at the top of my lungs."GET OFF THE COUCH"
His head was looking at me bug eyed and the rest of his body turned right and headed for the woods. I totaly freaked him out HAHA.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts