Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Ninja for 5,000 miles now with no problems. I am in need for more power and was going to wait til next spring to see what was out there. I cant help myself but go to dealerships and look though, thats when I came across this.

Performance Honda of Pineville, NC has BRAND NEW 08' Model Suzuki GSXR600's left that didn't sell last year. They would usually run an easy $10,000 plus new. They are offering them for $7499. I dont know how I can turn it down, especially when Im walking in there cash in hand and saying Ill give you the $7500, but thats out the door price!

Here are the colors they have, what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Sounds like a deal, something you don't get when you buy a Ninja unfortunately. So many bikes in this current market are marked down and deep discounted, but the Ninja's been in such high demand you just can't get a break on the purchase price. Too bad, but it's the price you pay for what you really want I guess. It's good to see you can still get a great deal on another bike though. Are they taking the Ninja in trade, or will you sell it yourself? As for the Suzuki...yellow, all the way.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
white all the way...or black :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am either keeping the Ninja just for sentimental reasons, or selling myself, definately not trading in.

As for the Color, I am partial to White, then the Yellow, then blue, then black...in that order. I just wonder how hard that whote bike with white rims will be to keep clean...

·
Registered
277 Posts
White rims/plastics are a BITCH! I have the blue version of that bike, and the small amount of white on the front fairings gets LOADED with brake dust!

When you get the bike, have them use mineral spirits and get ALL of the factory chain lube off and get some Chain Wax on it!! I rode my bike home, and it's a really sticky nasty mess when it's cold, but as soon as that chain warms up it flings everywhere! I had to use some acetone on the rims to get the crap off. I can't imagine what it would look like if I had white rims, my dark blue show enough crap!

The white is nice, but see if they'll swap rims for ya?

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
$7,500?? Damn, you have to get one, I wonder why so cheap? Getting ready for '10 I guess? I'm passionate about company colors ergo; kawasaki green, suzuki blue/white, honda red, yamaha allover the place lol. But that silver, white and blue looks sick. I saw one in person and it fits the bike great, really sleak and its the best of all worlds. New color, with some pizzaz!

^Yellow is for girls hehe^

·
4,853 Posts
Yellow is not the fastest dont tell him that! Watch, he'll get yellow and it'll go 50mph slower than all the other colors LOL.

·
4,853 Posts
It is a unique color, you dont see them as much as you do the blue and white, you can still tell they are a suzukie but with a really awesome twist.

Check out this pic i've had..ugh it makes me happy.

·
Registered
59 Posts
what a deal!!! if i were you, i would take it too. go with white, make you stand out because you don't see much people riding white gixer

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Very nice Steve! How do you like it? How is it better than the ninja? How is it worse? What are you going to do with the Ninjette? More more more, I'm hyper... :p

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
as nice as it is!! and gongrats to you....they arnt as good as the other option you had of the GSX-R

1 - 20 of 22 Posts