Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

6÷2(1+2) 1 or 9?

Votes: 3 33.3%

Votes: 6 66.7%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Nah, do the math inside the brackets first, then multiply the result by the result of the remaining sum!!

Damn, I remembered some of the crap they taught me!!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Why do I need math anyway, my digital speedo counts to 160 for me, haha. :popcorn: (smiley sure does lika him some popping corn don't he)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well...aysee has it!
its 1 :)

and heres why just to recap :p :because the 1+2 is part of the bottom line multiplied by the 2 using properties of brackets (poshly known as the distributive law. therefore 6/6 =1

that answer is from my old A level maths teacher, (with many degrees in maths) lol

effectively you cant write it properly on a computer so it fools some people into thinking 9. especially when people try BODMAS (or other GCSE type tactics)

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Thats BS...

The question is; 6÷2(1+2)

Working on a single line method, which you would unless otherwise stated, it's 9.

Toolbag math nerds using semantics...

The CORRECT way to write the sum is like Aysee said; 6/(2(1+2))

Therefore the answer to the original questions IS 9, and ANY math program (matlab etc) will tell you the same.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's nice to see a simple math equation turning into an all out brawl. (going to sit back and watch the chairs fly) :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I don't use linear progression laws... I use common sense... :D

edit: What I mean to say by that, is that sometimes people just get caught up in rules and miss the product entirely....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.