Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've talked to the dealer on the phone and they are clueless as to what may have happened until I take the bike in. I just bought the bike new a week ago and I've only put 50 miles on it so far. From the time I bought it until yesterday the bike ran great without a problem at all. I took it out for a ride yesterday for about 20 min or so and all was well. I stopped for not even a min at my old apt. and had the bike on the sidestand in neutral. I started riding again and went to shift up to 2nd and when I shifted the rpms shot up to 8000. I wasn't on the throttle when this happened and I wasn't riding fast by any means. I pulled into a nearby parking lot and tried to ride around at low speeds in first and the bike shut off. At this point the oil pressure light and temp. light both turned on. I stopped the bike and parked it. All fluid levels are fine and I had plenty of fuel and oil. I had to get the bike home so I rode it probably 2-3 miles from that spot. The exhaust sputters and the engine shakes pretty bad past 4000 rpms. If I wasn't holding constant throttle the bike would slow as if I was braking and had no power. The bike would also jerk when I let off the throttle and shifting didn't feel right either. When I start the bike and give it throttle on a normal day the rpms slowly drop back to idle. Now when I start the bike and give it throttle, the rpms instantly drop to idle speed. The choke isn't fully responsive any more either. I'm going to try to get it to the dealer in the morning but it's pretty frustrating to run into a problem like this with a brand new bike. I don't know enough about them to even guess what may be wrong. Any thoughts or suggestions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.