Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, well, well. My bike is back in my hot little hands, so I figure I can share with you lot what happened 40 odd days ago.

I'd been taking part in my first Track Day. It was a full day event, with tuition. I did the day with two of my mates, Robbo on his (now sold) Yamaha FZ6S and Marky on his Yamaha YZF600R. We were joined by two others, Donny on his race prepped Ninja 600 and Pete on his GSXR 1000.

The teaching was from a Superbike professional racer called Danny (forget his last name), he was BRILLIANT, really, really good teacher. We would do some theory for 15 mins then head out for a 20 min session to practice what we spoke about, did things like only allowed one gear, and not allowed to use brakes, can use gears but no brakes etc... Changed the WHOLE way I ride. AWESOME fun! I got some really positive feed back from Danny on my technique and race lines, and my corner speed was as quick as the bigger bikes and sometimes quicker :D :D

We did a BUNCH of sessions, and it was a pretty hot day. I'd spent the day before prepping the bike, new oil, tighten everything it was running really well. On the last session, I noticed the bike was down on power, so I pulled in early and let her cool down and just watched the other guys ride.

It wasnt until we were riding home that she let go on the freeway at about 110kph, pretty scary having the bike just die at that speed.

Peter (GSXR1000) had come down from up the coast for the weekend to do the track day, and had come down in a van with his bike and was camping just down the road. Mark went to the petrol station to get us some drinks while i was freaking out on the side of the road, and Peter was there eating dinner, so he brought his van over and we loaded it up and he took me home :(

Loaded the bike up on a trailer next day and dropped it at dealer... 40 days later got the bike back.

I dont believe for one bit that the track day caused the bearing to go. It must have had a tolerance issue from factory and had just been slowly working its way more and more loose, then a full day riding hard (but no harder than the other 7500km the bike had done prior) finished it off. I wasnt sitting at redline or anything like that, just riding it like it should be.

Anyways here is a bunch of pics, cant be arsed sorting them out, so just putting them all up :p I'm going to get some prints done when I work out which few are any good.

Danny was on the New white (0km) CBR.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Woot looks like fun!! So ya keeping the 250??
All those picts and not one of you by your bike??? we still don't know what you look like after all this time.

·
Registered
277 Posts
zartan said:
All those picts and not one of you by your bike??? we still don't know what you look like after all this time.
Really? There are about 100 pics of him riding in that post....

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
sick Felix! and I always thought your riding outfit was black... I didn't know it was gray...

Anyways, next time you attempt to break the big end, shove your face into the windscreen and get lower in those corners.....

Great to have you back riding!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Travisty said:
Really? There are about 100 pics of him riding in that post....
Travisty I am sure Felix knows what I mean. Some of us think he is in the witness protection program

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Felix, what's that sticker thing on your chain guard?

And do you normally bend over and try to touch your nose to the tank, or is that just me and my eye playing depth perception tricks on me?

·
Registered
267 Posts
there was ONE rare pic of felix with some storm trooper, haha.

glad to hear that you got the ninja back...jinba-ittai! btw is that what the asian characters read on your bike?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zartan said:
Yeah it was REALLY good fun! I'm keeping the bike for at least another month... I'll see if there is a suitable picture of me somewhere, not really into revealing my identity, protect the innocent and all that :p

spooph said:
sick Felix! and I always thought your riding outfit was black... I didn't know it was gray...

Anyways, next time you attempt to break the big end, shove your face into the windscreen and get lower in those corners.....

Great to have you back riding!
My gear is all black, that was just a one piece I used for the day... I still dont have leather pants. Its odd, I was over pretty far, but at 6'1 I find it hard, plus I wasnt there to break any records, just do as I was taught by danny :D He was pleased with my positing, and the fact I OWNED a Duc 1098 was proof I had the speed :D Just not on the straights :(

Stanley168 said:
Glad that you enjoy yourself. BTW, who paid for all the damaged?
After some umming and arring Kawasaki came to the party and paid for everything but the filter and oil. Which is handy since I had them do my 7500km service to :p

spooph said:
Felix, what's that sticker thing on your chain guard?

And do you normally bend over and try to touch your nose to the tank, or is that just me and my eye playing depth perception tricks on me?
Sticker is my 'Registration' law to have it displayed. Not sure what you mean about leaning over? Which pic?

dknollRX7 said:
there was ONE rare pic of felix with some storm trooper, haha.

glad to hear that you got the ninja back...jinba-ittai! btw is that what the asian characters read on your bike?
Haha, yeah that was a funny night, I was rather... ummmm... happy. The characters are Japanese Kanji, and they say Ninja :D

Go it was a fun ride to work and home again, It felt sooooooooo good, hard to describe, but you riders will understand :D As for the tintops/cagers, put it this way, its as if I've been given a lost limb back!

Felix

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Felix...

There's a picture of him at the Geek Squad thread quite a ways back, try the early 50's pages...I'd go back but I'm extremely lazy right now please forgive me lol...just being honest haha.

Felix: Looks like you had a great time, its well deserved too, a whole month without your bike and taking other means of transportation must've been a bitch. Glad you had fun, thank you for the pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
spooph said:
The guy behind the pole, picking something off the ground, on the right. Is that you?
Nah thats Marky (Blue R6), Robbo is sitting on the ground (silver/black FZ6s), Donny standing next to his Yellow Ninja and Pete's head at the back there (GSXR 1000) You can see Danny's back in that picture with his personalised leathers.

I was TAKING the photo Spooph :p

Felix

1 - 20 of 50 Posts