Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone loves sleeping in. Everyone would have a potentially better day from rest, and have more time after work. I propose we have a 28 hour day. Its not really all that important that we stick to 24 hours is it? I think the world could adapt.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Well, millions of years ago the days on earth were shorter, as the earth gets older its rotation slows, therefore the days do get longer. Very small change. Only talking about a hour = hundreds of million of years, or something like that. Wish granted, but you won't experience in your life time, sorry. By the time it hits 28 hours, we'll be off this planet and enjoying spooph's 37 hr galactic day. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's right I remember hearing something about a leap day, a single day added to the end of one random year. not sure what year, i think they made Feb have 30 days back in the 1980s ?

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Well technically the further you go away from gravitational bodies the faster time runs, so if you were in space, you could squeeze more than 24hrs into a day. Even our GPS satellites have adjusted clocks due to this.

When I went to the US last year, I left Aus on the shortest day of the year and arrived on the longest day... I think It lasted 32hr+ with jetlag and adjusting to high elevation of Co, I was suffering!

Felix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.