Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this a 250 site or a site for any Ninja?? I have a 250. I was wondering if you guys think a good enought rider on a 250 could be faster than or keep up with a 1995 Katana in the twisties.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome SXGT!
Yes this site is dedicated to the 08+ Ninja 250R, but as you can see with just a quick look, there are a lot of us, myself included that have moved on to other bikes, but we still share and contribute as this place is just like a family. So, long story short, no bike is excluded here, but the core of the site is the 250R.
As far as being good enough on a 250R to take down others on bigger bikes in the twisties? If you're good enough, it is very easy!! A number of times I have taken on some Buell 1200's and after a couple of corners, they are way behind!
Always remember this....A great rider on a slow bike, will just about always beat a good/poor rider on a faster, more powerful bike in the twisties. Long straights are another matter altogether, but thats not the question!!
Check out the following vid of a fellow 650R rider like me(but this guy actually has riding skills!! :p) trying to chase down a 250R rider on a track in Thailand.
YouTube - ER6n Hot Lap Pirelli Track Day BIRA Circuit Dec 26th 2010

This shows the differences quite well, plenty of speed to gather him in on the straights, but in the corners, the 250R rules!!!

Don't forget to tell us more about yourself, and throw up some pics of your bike before some of the others start yelling at you!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I have a 2008 lime green as you can see, it has nearly 9K miles. I bought in 2008, July I think, paid 3,740 out the door brand newwwwwww insurance is about a 180 every six month (dollar a day).

I love the bike on looks but I feel like its a toy not that I have some ride time and skill development, where i live its nothing but curvy roads.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I love the bike on looks but I feel like its a toy not that I have some ride time and skill development, where i live its nothing but curvy roads.
Those kind of roads are exactly what you need!!! Excellent for developing your skills one day at a time!

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Welcome SX! Good looking bike! Yes, where corner speed is the larger factor, the 250 will keep up if not accel. Where power is involved, it will wane. So, if the Katana rider is better than you, don't try and keep up, but if you're better than him and you can't run away from him going uphill, go downhill and show him whats what... :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.