Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I thought the Megelli 250r might be a nice bike until I heard how weak the wheels were.
I was told that the spokes are very thin and bend sideways causing wheel wobble

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
see how smooth and linear the ninjas power and torque curvs are compared to all the others

·
Registered
161 Posts
Delta107 said:
Its funny I only know the ninja and the Hyosung and I hear that the Hy is a POS!
Hyosung is still in the up and coming phase they are working hard to produce a better bike every year. Them transitioning to the FI model should be a wake up call to Kawi. Hyosung has some things Kawi does not and vice versa except Hyosung is willing to add to their bikes and Kawi is not

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
ztrack157 said:
Hyosung is still in the up and coming phase they are working hard to produce a better bike every year. Them transitioning to the FI model should be a wake up call to Kawi. Hyosung has some things Kawi does not and vice versa except Hyosung is willing to add to their bikes and Kawi is not
I agree, from all the stuff i have read on hyosung they have really been making alot of progress and improvements.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I think Kawi realizes that Hoysung will become a competitor in next 10 years or so, but even with a "superior" bike, if the Hoysung could ever be called that (maybe in 2-3 years?), it's still an unknown name and company here in the states. The Ninja has a reputation, along with Kawi, and I believe there to be many more Kawi dealerships across the nation than Hoysung, so I think Kawi's is banking on their name, more than performance numbers to bring them through this recession/depression. I think if Hoysung were to invest in some serious advertising/marketing, they would get somewhere and become a real threat to Kawi....

I'm also mad they didn't include the CBR and Megelli... 2 much better competitors than the Johnny Pag (which is crap - why is all American produced vehicles crap?), and the Suzuki....

/rant

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I sat on a Hyosung yesterday, and it really felt cheap and nasty, the riding position is really strange, but I think the foot pedals are adjustable. Its got a pretty cool looking digital/analogue instrument cluster, but the bike doesn't look finished off properly. I know the Ninja has some faults, but it has the character to go with it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
spooph said:
so I think Kawi's is banking on their name, more than performance numbers to bring them through this recession/depression.

Hmm sounds like GM and Ford. Kawi must be brillant banking on your name doesn't mean crap if you aren't willing to innovate. Eventually your bank account will run dry. I would call Hyosung the Kia of the motorcycle world starting off small then a boom is coming.

Zandit I never said the bike was perfect but Hyosung is constantly working on it.

Carlie thats below the belt. My Ninja 250 Had rust on it when I bought it brand new.

CC your use to brand names. Thats fine thats how many are until they notice the other is better. Toyota and Honda people use to laugh at (red necks still do since they drive huge trucks to make up for short comings in their pants) but now they make some of the better cars.

At this time Hyosung does not make a better bike then the Ninja 250. With that said don't be suprised if in 5-10 years they have a superior product do to their willingness to make improvements. The 250 on the other hand has had how many changes in the last 20 years? 2. Kawi is not willing to innovate.

So everybody cut Hyosung some slack they are working hard to give us something good and hopefully they put some pressure on kawi to stay one step ahead.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
ZTrack, I don't know why you're all butt hurt, because I think in the end we're all saying the same thing, no? And that thing is that:

Kawi is going to have problems in a few years, from Hoysung's competition, if they don't improve the Ninja 250 with things such as FI.... However, currently, the name Hoysung or United Motors, as Crushed pointed out, isn't as well known as Kawi, and thus, even if the Hoysung was a better product, it still wouldn't sell as well as the Kawi in the next couple of years.

Where did I miss something?

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ztrack157 said:
Carlie thats below the belt. My Ninja 250 Had rust on it when I bought it brand new.
My name is DELTA!

I give shit to a lot of manufactures. I hate the 600 that Kawi just because I dont like the shape. No offense Felix and Joe!

I dont like KIA either cause I think they are a POS! Its my opinion if you dont like that dont post. we are all entitled to are OWN OPINION!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Spooh I agree with you and CC. It is not well known the only way to become known is to improve and improve. In the years to come I hope it becomes a stiff competitor to Kawi in the 250 class. Not because I necessarily like Hyosung its because I want a better 250 class overall. I have ridden both bikes each has aspects I like. Each has some that I hate. Really if the Kawi and the Hyosung had a baby it would make a great bike.

Now Carlie aka DELTA, you are opinionated and I respect that. But at the same time I am just as entitled to any opinion I have even if it contradicts yours.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If the Hyosung and the Kawi were equal as far as quality and perfomance, I would still go with the Ninja. My reason is the extra 40 lbs. of the Hyosung. IF . . . you can honestly say that it's no big deal, image having a 20 lb turkey hanging from each handlebar of your Ninja and then tell us how great your bike handles. The Ninja weighs 374 lbs, adding more weight defeats the whole reason for owning a smaller displacement machine . 374 + 40 = the weight of a 600. On the other hand, I'm not brand loyal. Anyone that could build a street-legal 250 sportbike that weighs around 300 lbs would have me camped-out on their doorstep waiting to buy one. YEAH , , , LIKE THAT'S GOING HAPPEN . . . ::)

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Ztrack, you said it man. The KawiSung would be a great little bike, and I think what TR is looking for... Quite honestly, I wish they just legalized the Aprilia 125RS, that's a 2-stroke right? THat would be a hoot!

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Two strokes rock. Sorry when it comes to bikes I could care less about the enviroment.

Hyosung's look cheap to me.

Interesting vid give it's thumbs up but quaility not the best see 3:40
MCN Roadtest: Kawasaki 250 R Ninja v Hyosung GT250R

Throttle Rocket said:
. IF . . . you can honestly say that it's no big deal, image having a 20 lb turkey hanging from each handlebar of your Ninja and then tell us how great your bike handles.
Geez TR you talking about my ass again? haha

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
hahaha , that video was really useful for me when i was deciding to get my ninja,,

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
ztrack157 said:
Really if the Kawi and the Hyosung had a baby it would make a great bike.
Just remember that not all of the good bits come out of a perfect relationship.......just look at Felix and Spooph, Imagine what their kids will come out like!!! BTW, who's gonna bear the children??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts