Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
674 Posts
That's what I'm thinking as well my only concern was is that since this will be my primary mode of transportation does the bike have enough weight to stay stable on the highway.
Not as stable as a 900 pound Harley.

Any small or midsize cycle will get pushed around by wind and turbulence on the hwy. It's not a major problem.

You need a smaller/lighter cycle to learn on, so there isn't an option. You will get accustomed to making corrections and being moved around on the hwy. All the cycles I've owned (largest was a 750 sport bike) have been under 500# with minimal wind protection, and all have been affected by wind and turbulence. You just need to be prepared for it.

That's the (small) price you pay for having an lighter, more agile, cycle.

Jay

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In definitely no idiot lol and I haven't ridden one its just one thing I've heard so I wanted to verify it on a more open site. I'm looking forward to taking the msf course this summer I've already been looking at a blue 09 ninja

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully in 12 months time ill be comfortable enough to move up to the 600 class, but if not ill stick with the 250 I know exactly what bike I want in the future but as of right now I want a rock solid foundation. I'll move up when I can honestly say I'm ready

· Registered
674 Posts
Hopefully in 12 months time ill be comfortable enough to move up to the 600 class, but if not ill stick with the 250 I know exactly what bike I want in the future but as of right now I want a rock solid foundation. I'll move up when I can honestly say I'm ready
Don't be in a hurry to "move up". Bigger isn't always better. Plenty of 250 riders own larger cycles, but enjoy riding the 250 more.

Just want to make the point that the Ninja 250 is more than just a "beginner bike" that you sell as soon as you get more comfortable riding - that's all...

Jay

· Registered
1,438 Posts
I agree with Jay 100% I put over 14,000 kms on my Ninja 250 before I got the 650 Versys. That was almost 2 years ago. Still miss the Ninja. It's a bike you could keep and enjoy for life.

· Registered
5,699 Posts
You're all small fry.... I got 56,000 miles on my Ninja250 and going strong... :) It's all in what you want from the bike, and what I want is what the 250 is. If you find down the line it's not what you want, go test ride as many different bikes as you can and figure out what you DO want from a bike, and figure out then how you're going to get it. :) Regadless, the 250 will teach you amazing things about riding in the interim... :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.