Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to take some weight off of the stock flywheel on a lathe? I know some people will say Kawasaki knows everything and made it the best it could be. But they designed this bike for beginners so the average noob can take off from a stop sign and not stall the bike. I feel as if the bike revs slowly and reluctantly and this could be one way to solve this. Any input on how this would be done or if it is even possible?

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have access to lathes and mills and such for FREE. A jet kit is cheap when you compare it to buying a new bike. If I can optimize what I have and pick up a little power for cheap I will because I enjoy it. Its so easy to "just buy a 600" but I enjoy a challenge

· Registered
233 Posts
i googled what a flywheel was after reading the post... are all motorcycles driven by these things? I'm assuming the RPM's displayed on the tachometer are representative of the flywheel's RPM's now. True or false?

pretty neat-o.. learn something new every day

· Registered
9,088 Posts
i googled what a flywheel was after reading the post... are all motorcycles driven by these things? I'm assuming the RPM's displayed on the tachometer are representative of the flywheel's RPM's now. True or false?

pretty neat-o.. learn something new every day
Nope......What's the biking world coming to?

RPM= Reversed Polarity MufflerBearing.

Tell em Indy.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.