Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Credit for this goes to REDRIDER.

Ill have pic's and video after i get done with work AND my Motorcycle safety class this evening.

Pros - TONS more torque , well its not a 600 its definitely more bawlsy I how ever am having the same issue as REDrider did. Above 8K on the tack im flat lining with power output unless im in a lower gear slamming through the R's. Not Enough fuel is making it to the engine to compensate for the new breathing abilities.

I've done the shimming and I have it done at .041 on both carbs, luckily i bought the Dynojet kit so after posting pics and such ill install that with probably a 102 main and what they recomend for the needles and carb air\fuel settings.

hopefully i can reach that 105mph mark for real so 110 on the Ef'd up speedo =)

my tut will contain all tools and methods used ;) some of which are rather... graceful.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Sweet! Audacia, just to let you know, my jet kit topped out a 100 main jet... You're might be different, but you'll have to buy the next size up from the moto shop, or, one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380142659574&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=350230067987&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D41

problem with the drills being that you invalidade the number stamped on the jet... Also, they're not measured in "jet sizes", but rather in wire guage. I haven't looked at a table or chart yet. I usually just keep going up one size at a time until the bike runs right...

Good luck!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
spooph said:
Sweet! Audacia, just to let you know, my jet kit topped out a 100 main jet... You're might be different, but you'll have to buy the next size up from the moto shop, or, one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380142659574&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX_Stores&refitem=350230067987&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget&_trksid=p284.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DSI%26its%3DI%252BIA%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%26otn%3D4%26ps%3D41

problem with the drills being that you invalidade the number stamped on the jet... Also, they're not measured in "jet sizes", but rather in wire guage. I haven't looked at a table or chart yet. I usually just keep going up one size at a time until the bike runs right...

Good luck!

they guy warned me and so we dug through his mainjet Cache and found 2 102's and 2 106's just incase,

i think from feeling the throttle and bike response im going to go with the 102 main and move the needle adjuster from 3down to 4 down..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts