Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
You must ride like you have some sense. I don't think I could, I only got 5000 miles out of my last rear tire. :p

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I started tallking about it, on the 650 board, on Riderforums. But the guys let me know, they thought I was full of crap. Oh well....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
277 Posts
You've got lots of tasty looking chicken strips left on those tires... :) I had 5k on my 250's rear and it still had plenty of tread depth, but a HUGE flat spot. Now I have BT-016's on my 600 and the rear I have gotten 9k out of, front is at 16k (although it's so feathered and worn it's sketchy to ride..). New tires next season!

How does the front tire look in comparison? Does it have a flat at all? Have you replaced any other wear items? I want to do pads, but the chain/sprockets look fantastic still.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You've got lots of tasty looking chicken strips left on those tires... :)
How does the front tire look in comparison? Have you replaced any other wear items?
Yup, big a$$ chicken strips. (That's how I made it to my 5th decade of life.) ;D

I've replaced the front tire, and drive chain, but nothing else. After new rubber, I'll probably replace the brake lines next.

·
Registered
656 Posts
hah so we can swear now in the forum without getting the band?

Anywho, wow nice, I put about 4k on my tire last year after I installed it and now its SUPER FLAT with just enough tread to pass for this riding season :(, I want a harder compound tire = cheaper but more dangerous :( but = money saver if you don't crash and get 10k outa it.

Why the heck to these 250 tires burn out so quick?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.