Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,458 Posts
grover89 said:
So they don't make a 600 ?
Ok. So. Let me just clear this up for those who dont know. In 2013 a 636 is the only model available. Kawasaki did this to increase sales without revamping the motor entirely. This has been done by most of you big brands to save them time on re-inventing their bike from scratch. The 636 is not the same bike fairings nor suspension. The motor is pretty much identical except for the bigger bore size. Which leads to why the would go to such links to change so much when in the end its so very little. Reason being sales. Honda has done this many times with the 954,929 etc. I'm really surprised they haven't made an 1100 or something but instead they have made a lot of new bike sizes and styles. Kawasaki wont be far behind any japanese competitor and since they dont offer all the electronics the others have they made the zx10r the most powerful liter bike on showroom floors. As well as now the 636. Hope this helps

·
1,458 Posts
morgan46 said:
Ahh fair enough lol this year I have test rode all the 1000cc bikes ready for if I change next year ,my 2 favs are the zx10r and the BMW !the Suzuki was boring the Yamaha was ok and the panagale was like sitting on a kango gun lol
I have a zx10r that i bought because on the street the zx10's were whoopin the bmw's. however the bmw's fit and finish is much better. But for nearly 5000. More is should be. I love the yamaha bikes but the are the slowest out there. The hondas are great but a pain to upgrade as my friend paul has over 20k in the motor alone and he still barely beats me with our weight difference being 50 lbs between riders. Hes really little. The cbr is very smooth and very predictable. Gsxr bikes. Havent changed in 10 years. So why pay for them in my opinion. Ive never rode a suzuki i liked. The aprilla was ok but no one carries parts. Around here. Im pleased with the zx10'r but had to put the mecatronic rear shock on. If you dont know what it is. Look it up. Its not like the ohlins electronic shocks. This one is ecu controlled and instead on being set one time. It is constantly setting and adapting to the road surface using the ecu inputs for riding style. Ktac and multiple lean angle sensors. Best money spent

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
byte2022 said:
I have a zx10r that i bought because on the street the zx10's were whoopin the bmw's. however the bmw's fit and finish is much better. But for nearly 5000. More is should be. I love the yamaha bikes but the are the slowest out there. The hondas are great but a pain to upgrade as my friend paul has over 20k in the motor alone and he still barely beats me with our weight difference being 50 lbs between riders. Hes really little. The cbr is very smooth and very predictable. Gsxr bikes. Havent changed in 10 years. So why pay for them in my opinion. Ive never rode a suzuki i liked. The aprilla was ok but no one carries parts. Around here. Im pleased with the zx10'r but had to put the mecatronic rear shock on. If you dont know what it is. Look it up. Its not like the ohlins electronic shocks. This one is ecu controlled and instead on being set one time. It is constantly setting and adapting to the road surface using the ecu inputs for riding style. Ktac and multiple lean angle sensors. Best money spent
I forgot about the blade lol I rode my 2012 one and didn't like it but rode another friends 2007 blade and that was much nicer in my opinion but then I'm 6'4 and 95kg so the earlier one fitted me better ,haven't rode the aprilia yet and I have ride the rc8r too that's a fairly good bike but its not for me ! I thought the zx10r front end was better than the BMW ,I'm waiting for the hp4 to come up on demo will see whst that's like but yer over here I can get a brand new zx10r for £3500 cheaper than BMW which gives me enough for power mods and suspension to make it better than the BMW for the same money

·
1,458 Posts
morgan46 said:
I forgot about the blade lol I rode my 2012 one and didn't like it but rode another friends 2007 blade and that was much nicer in my opinion but then I'm 6'4 and 95kg so the earlier one fitted me better ,haven't rode the aprilia yet and I have ride the rc8r too that's a fairly good bike but its not for me ! I thought the zx10r front end was better than the BMW ,I'm waiting for the hp4 to come up on demo will see whst that's like but yer over here I can get a brand new zx10r for £3500 cheaper than BMW which gives me enough for power mods and suspension to make it better than the BMW for the same money
Exactly!!! I bought the bike. Put lots of upgrades on it and it has 193hp on one dyno peak was 196 but the other was 193. 193 is alot of power. Zx14's with a little work stay with me til about140 then the pull away but not alot until 180 they jump a out 3 bikes on me. Needless to say. I am very pleased. Bike is strong nimble and custom for the same as the BMW and its all paid for !!!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
byte2022 said:
Exactly!!! I bought the bike. Put lots of upgrades on it and it has 193hp on one dyno peak was 196 but the other was 193. 193 is alot of power. Zx14's with a little work stay with me til about140 then the pull away but not alot until 180 they jump a out 3 bikes on me. Needless to say. I am very pleased. Bike is strong nimble and custom for the same as the BMW and its all paid for !!!
Sounds good ...I'm gonna wait until next year to decide what I'm gonna do ,I've always enjoyed 600s so might keep it for longer and throw some more money at it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.