Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2013 zx14r with 1k miles . It has full Brock's , PC5 , and a ecu unleashed. I bought the bike Tuesday from a guy in San Antonio ( I live in Oklahoma) and when I received the bike and took it for a spin I noticed that from 1-5k rpms it Boggs really bad IN EVERY GEAR. It's actually even worse in higher gears. Once it's passed those rpms it runs like it should. The guy I bought it from said he just dealt with the issue. I have a buddy who has a dyno and we just finished up on it for the evening. The air/fuel ratio was spot on. But it still does it. Does anybody know what it could be ? Maybe the company that ecu flashed the ecu did something wrong ? Emissions problem ? We are stumped. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Ok....from doing a bunch checking online using google as a search......:thumb:
A lot of people have complained about the same thing from a stock bike.
Ur's ain't no longer stock tho.....:popcorn:
They been saying u need to run the stock ones 5 grand + to not have this happen when cranking on it...?

This is just what i have been finding from online...:eek:

Someone here that's much more experienced in mods should be here sometime to chime in......:thumb:

I don't own one so i really can't help much on that......:facepalm:
Mine (Ninja 650 twin) was having a dead spot at 3-4 after a hurricane air filter change. Stock everything else. I took my snorkles out of the airbox n that sure cured that, but made it really use more fuel, so they're going back in....:popcorn:. I mite looking into shortening them..?...after some research...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
1,458 Posts
I just bought a 2013 zx14r with 1k miles . It has full Brock's , PC5 , and a ecu unleashed. I bought the bike Tuesday from a guy in San Antonio ( I live in Oklahoma) and when I received the bike and took it for a spin I noticed that from 1-5k rpms it Boggs really bad IN EVERY GEAR. It's actually even worse in higher gears. Once it's passed those rpms it runs like it should. The guy I bought it from said he just dealt with the issue. I have a buddy who has a dyno and we just finished up on it for the evening. The air/fuel ratio was spot on. But it still does it. Does anybody know what it could be ? Maybe the company that ecu flashed the ecu did something wrong ? Emissions problem ? We are stumped. Thanks.
this is a pc5 issue bud. You need to update the firmware!

·
1,458 Posts
or it could be the ecu flash but many people
Had problems as well as my self with the pc v firmware on the zx10 and zx14 try this first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try all of these ideas. The PC5 obviously came with the Brock's race tune, and when we put it on the dyno last night the air/fuel was spot on all the way from 1k-11k rpm. So the tune on the PC5 is great . I am going to call the ecu place that flashed it on Monday and see if maybe then didn't delete the emissions or if something else could be causing this.

Thanks to everyone for your help. This problem is really frustrating.

·
1,458 Posts
I will try all of these ideas. The PC5 obviously came with the Brock's race tune, and when we put it on the dyno last night the air/fuel was spot on all the way from 1k-11k rpm. So the tune on the PC5 is great . I am going to call the ecu place that flashed it on Monday and see if maybe then didn't delete the emissions or if something else could be causing this. Thanks to everyone for your help. This problem is really frustrating.
hemi. The firmware is not the same as the map. The problem with the pc v firmware is it doesn't allow the spark on the loaded cylinder but instead an empty cylinder but it alternates on each cyclinder. You wont find this on a dyno because all the cylinders are measured together. I would check the firmware not the map and look for an update. My pc v is less than a year old and its had to be updated two times to get to what firmware im running now. This is more than likely your problem. Plus its an easy fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, so I downloaded the updated firmware ( it was already on the current update ) and it didn't help. I took out the flashed ecu and put a stock one in from a buddy who also has a 2013 zx14r, I still had the same problem. So I unplugged the PC5 completely and kept the stock ecu in and the problem was still not fixed. So I am out of problem solving ideas. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow. WTH?

·
1,458 Posts
Okay, so I downloaded the updated firmware ( it was already on the current update ) and it didn't help. I took out the flashed ecu and put a stock one in from a buddy who also has a 2013 zx14r, I still had the same problem. So I unplugged the PC5 completely and kept the stock ecu in and the problem was still not fixed. So I am out of problem solving ideas. I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow. WTH?
hard to say at this point exactly but you may possibly find it being the lack of back pressure or quite possibly the tps sensor is going out. Still could be a few other things. Let me know what the dealer says please

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This issue in the bike was the ECU flash. When AF1racing flashed the ECU they typed the vin in wrong. The dealership put a stock ecu In the bike and it ran just fine. So I sent the ecu back to where it was flashed in the first place so they could put the CORRECT flash in the bike. Hopefully I'll have it back at the beginning of next week. What a pain :(!

·
1,458 Posts
This issue in the bike was the ECU flash. When AF1racing flashed the ECU they typed the vin in wrong. The dealership put a stock ecu In the bike and it ran just fine. So I sent the ecu back to where it was flashed in the first place so they could put the CORRECT flash in the bike. Hopefully I'll have it back at the beginning of next week. What a pain :(!
good luck woth that buddy Thanks for the heads up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts