Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was on my way to work today and at about 55mph 7k rpm I heard a nice pop and lost a significant amount of power, as I came to a light my bike stalled, I got it back on and went 1/4 mi on to work. I was getting a lot of unburnt fuel smoke and when I felt the headers my right cylinder appeared to be not firing. I decided to try and get it 1/2 mi home and got about half the way when I heard a grinding sound and what sounded like something hitting my chain so I immediately pulled off and noticed that my oil light had come on and I had a small leak around the oil pressure sensor. Oil level looked ok in the window and I had thought that originally my only issue was maybe a bad plug, coil or relay. Now I'm not so sure... Any suggestions?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well overnight all the oil drained out, I hadn't started it since. I ended up bringing it down to the dealership for a diagnostic since while I am somewhat good mechanically I didn't feel to comfortable completely taking apart then engine to investigate that grinding sound, nor do I really have the equipment for a compression test or leak down. Just hoping they don't quote me 1k+

1,465 Posts
Jack sorry to hear it bud. I figured
It was gonna be something major by your description. Hope it works out for you bud. Before you put the same motor in since you have it out you might as well get a lil performance work out of it but not a lot because a 650 needs a good deal of stuff to make her really zing but if you do a port and polish on the heads and change the intake cam you can make it a lot more fun to ride

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.