Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,465 Posts
Hi guys has anyone tried changing the rear mag wheel of the er6n/650r to a wider one?
you can't just change it to a wider rim unless the spacers are adjusted so that the inside hub matches. Once the hub matches you should be able to go wider but probably no more than an inch. I've never seen this mod done with a bigger rim without changing the swing arm. But I have seen wider tires put on bikes Hope this helps

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
you can't just change it to a wider rim unless the spacers are adjusted so that the inside hub matches. Once the hub matches you should be able to go wider but probably no more than an inch. I've never seen this mod done with a bigger rim without changing the swing arm. But I have seen wider tires put on bikes Hope this helps
Wonder how much room he has now from the chain to the tire?
My 650 has about 3/8 inch from tire to chain stock.
I now run pilot road 3's, but at stock size.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Hey bud, look up a company called Blue Ridge Performance.
He builds race versions of the 650 in the States. He has a conversion kit to change out the standard rear wheel(3.5" wide rim I believe) to the ZX6R which is a 4.5" wide rim. Since you already have the new rim coming, I'm sure he would have the remainder of the kit available to sell. He supplies all of the spacers etc needed for the conversion.
Blue Ridge Performance - Ninja 650R Parts & Service

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey bud, look up a company called Blue Ridge Performance. He builds race versions of the 650 in the States. He has a conversion kit to change out the standard rear wheel(3.5" wide rim I believe) to the ZX6R which is a 4.5" wide rim. Since you already have the new rim coming, I'm sure he would have the remainder of the kit available to sell. He supplies all of the spacers etc needed for the conversion. Blue Ridge Performance - Ninja 650R Parts & Service
Cool thanks for that info 👍

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
good info zandit!!!!!
Haha, I occasionally come out with the good stuff!
He was the cheapest supplier for a new PC5 as well, so I highly recommend Gary for everything.
He has been pretty quiet on the other 650 forums of late, but there is nothing he doesn't know about the 650's!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.