Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey People, Just thought I would share some pics from the Poker run we went on today.
Not sure of the final number of bikes, but it was close to the 200 mark. Nice weather, slightly overcast, but not cold, and over the lunch break the sun came out and everyone got slightly burnt!
I'll ask Indie to post up our route, and no doubt he will share some of his pics as well.
We met at the Burnie Yacht club, registered and received our first playing card.

Carbon clad Buell

Not many sport bikes in attendance, due to the run being organised by a local bikie group, but there were some nice examples

Plenty of Thiumphs as well

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
First stop was in Sulphur Creek, which was also where we received our second card and lunch(BBQ) was served.
Lots of dark, hot, dirty and worn leather!

Little bit blurry, but this was some awesome airbrushing

Couple more stops later, a total of over 200kms and then we all arrived back at the Dog House Social Club. And this was my awesome Poker hand!

For some reason, I didn't win :mad: but I've always had bad luck at poker!!
There was a large auction after dinner, with some people paying out a lot of money, but it all went to a great cause. Hope you enjoy the pics.;D

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thank you.
I've been snow bound so long I'm suffering from PMS. Parked Motorcycle Syndrome.
It is so nice to look at pics and hear about a cool ride. Thanks for sharing Zandit.

The thing that impresses me most is the diversity of the bikes. What a great mix of hardware. I've been on rides with 200-500 bikes and seen about 80% that look identical, a few that have a neat paint job, 20 custom rides, and one sport bike (mine) Looks like a real great bunch got together, and for a good cause too.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone!
Aysee, there are designated stops around the ride where you collect your next card. Everything is written down so there is no cheating or card swapping, but at the end they go through the books and award the best and worst hand. The best hand I think got $300. There were also prizes for jokers as well. Indie got a pair of somethings with his hand, but the winning hand had 4-of-a-kind!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wow, that is an incredible cross-section of bikes there. Looks like it was a great ride. As for me, we just got another 6" of snow today. I'm tempted to put chains on my tires and go for it. Yee-hawwww!!! :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.