Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is being put on the other forums. I didn't see it here.

2011 Deals Gap 250 Ninja Meet

Hi Folks, anyone want to meet up and organize a trip for the ninja 250 brothers? Im planning a trip to the dragon on august 1 to the 10, and id love to have everyone from all forums including this one ninjette.org, ninja250forum.com and even ninja250.com.. damm thats alot of forums.

But if you are interested in going lets all get together

Im hoping we can get some sponsors even from kawasaki.

this 2011 will be 25 years that the ninja has been in production, so lets show our love and support for this bike.

Lets put it on our calendars for next year. I think we can definatly get a good group together this year, and hopefully we can explore the area around deals gap. Raybot is working overtime on exploring the area, and now we know a few more people in the area.
WHEN
August 1 to August 10 of 2011

WHERE TO STAY

There are Inns and Hotels in Robbinsville that we can stay at. Dablue1, stayed below. 75$ a room. Id recommend sharing to keep the costs down.

http://www.microtelinn.com/MicrotelInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=29194&brandInfo=MThttp://www.microtelinn.com/MicrotelInn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=29194&brandInfo=MT

If you are camping, you can stay where i stayed
KOA Kampgrounds - http://www.koa.com/www.koa.com
7310 Highway 360, Tellico Plains, TN - (423) 253-2447

that campground was extremely clean and had pools etc.. 25$ a night, still expensive for camping. But beggars cant be choosers.

Keep in mind, in 2011 the 250 Ninja will be 25 years old in the United States. 2011 is also the time Honda re-enters the 250cc sportbike market in the U.S. This is in most places a milestone. So a big gathering of dedicated 250 Ninja Owners, I think would not only be great but proper and in order. What better place to showcase the Ninjas greatest assets than at the mecca of motorcycling, The Tail of The Dragon. If you are involved in or know someone involved in marketing, races, motorcycle events, rallies or shows, give Scorch a holla'. Also lets put the idea out to all the other forums too so that if others have plans on or near the same time to be at Deals Gap, one big gathering can be planned. I believe if we push the idea hard and good enough to Kawasaki and have the commitment and support of the forum members and other 250 owners it could be an awesome event.

So give us some feedback or if you have some ideas so we can get it right.

I believe this will be an event open to all bikes. Others are planning to come with other family and friends that ride sport tourers.

It's just that the 250 Ninja will be the star and center of attention.

Don't worry about the Ninja. I clocked over 1000 miles over the L
abor Day weekend going to Deals Gap this year. I got tired before the bike did.

I believe the original dates will be narrowed down to 3-4 days to include the weekend.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is the same one from Ninja250forums.com, 250r.net, Ninjette.org & ninja250.org. (not sure of any others) As far a being a rep for NN. I don't have a problem with that. I'll post info here as it develops, if that's OK.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Mmmkay, so I wanted to post this on Ninjette, but being that NN is more my home, I thought I'd post it up here:

For those from NN going, wanna do patches, name tags, stickers or what not, so we can roll up looking all clubby and chummy and stuff?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I went the 3rd week in Sept. and will definitely be going back around the same time next year. Note that in August it's hot and weekends are crowded.

It was fun and well worth the trip. ;D It was a drag to have to leave and go back home.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Doesn't seem like anyone is interested in having FUN, bunch of garage keepers we have around here. :p

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went the 3rd week in Sept. and will definitely be going back around the same time next year. Note that in August it's hot and weekends are crowded.

It was fun and well worth the trip. ;D It was a drag to have to leave and go back home.
I know what you mean. The weather was nice Labor Day weekend too. Just a lot of bikes. I imagine that's any weekend though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Ooohhhh! Sounds like a bunch of fun.. I am quite a bit away but hey, plenty of time to plan ahead.

Edit: Total Travel Estimate: 15 hours 59 minutes / 968.31 miles Fuel Cost: $53.02 at 55 MPG

This is getting me all excited and tingly inside!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey look, my avatar is riding "the dragon" as we speak. Ahhhhh, memories ............. get your own, these are mine.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Deals Gap August 4th-7th 2011

OK folks, looks like August 4th-7th 2011 will be the dates to pencil in on your calendars. Saturday the 6th will probably be the large meet & greet and group ride day. Currently their are a few folks working behind the scenes to get some things done. Hopefully it will turn out fine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmmmm. Now that I have a street 250 again I might be up for this. Haven't done Deals yet. I'd like to at least get the crusty stock tires off and throw on some pirellis if we're gonna scratch back roads.

A.

·
Registered
41 Posts
How did I miss this post? This sounds like a blast to do. I live in Greer, SC (upstate) just outside of Greenville. I might come up just for the day and do the group ride. Did someone say something about stickers?;D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
How did I miss this post? This sounds like a blast to do. I live in Greer, SC (upstate) just outside of Greenville. I might come up just for the day and do the group ride. Did someone say something about stickers?;D
oops, forgot to post when I sent the PM... but PM sent.

edit: just watched video, and a couple of things. Zandit, thanks for posting, that was awesome!

1.) Damn those guys are fast! Proper, straight up hooligans!

2.) I can't wait to go the Dragon!

3.) Not sure if I'd ever do something like this. Maybe one day when I get a powerful toy again, but that was some sloppy road riding. Great race riding, but sloppy for the road. Crossing lines here and there, chattering the front, etc. etc. These guys were obviously pushing, I mean, common, he posted a time state-line to state-line.... As far as I'm concerned, that's for the track. Proper, clean riding is for the street, and speed doesn't matter. I would love to make a video, going fast, seeing how consistently I can keep the yellow center line a set distance from my front tire. I think, a lot safer, because your speed is determined by the contour of the road, not how much you can cut corners and such, and requiring a bit more skill. That's something I would love to see!

BUT, to each his/her own. I think they're being irresponsible, but I also understand why we ride sport bikes, so I won't condone what they do, but I won't share in it... At least, not with a 250... :p

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.