Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went along to the 2010 Motorcycle Expo at the Gold Coast today with my wonderfully patient girlfriend. All the big names and some lesser known brands had a stand, and there was meant to be a large accessories sale, but it was SAD to say the least. Watched a good FMX display with some trials riding and mini bike stunts (video to follow).

Here are a few pics.

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Was great to sit on my next style bike... sat on FGS800, KTM990, DT650, KLR650 and got to look at a XT660.

I'm still sold on the KLR for history, value for money and feel. The Suzuki was horrible, and all the others were DAMN expensive! Liked the KTM and BMW, but serious money, didn't get to sit on the XT660, bastard Yamaha didn't let anyone sit on their bikes.

Fave bikes, Speed Triple, Desmo and the XJ6S which I found out was Learner approved now in Australia... it looks great for a LAMS bike.

G/F loved the FMX, oh and I mentioned that she would be legal to learn on the KLR :D :p Just might have to lower it a foot or so.

Felix

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Hey Felix, thanks for the pic of the Ninja 650R, looks really nice all in one colour, really neat!

The XJ6F is a surprise, I didn't think they were bringing it to Australia, especially as a learner model. But that other Yamaha Versys/KLR650 competitor looks abysmal!!!!!

Love the white ZX6R, and I really think the ZX14 is Waaaaayyyyy overdue for a facelift

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
347 Posts
wow, must've been a great time (for you)! I actually really was digging most of the ducati stuff, just big muscly looking sportbikes to me. also the triumph 675 is prettttty sweet.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
I prefer the HP2 to the RR (BMW). The mini-bike air is awesome! I preferred the 2007 ZX-10R's looks to the new bug-eyed craziness, and the old KLR styling. This new one is just too much in the front, not to mention to wide to mount. I guess I'm just destined to ride old bikes the rest of my life... :p

Really cool stuff they're coming out with though.... It's always nice to see tech move forward!

THanks for sharing Felix!

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
DESMO woooo!! haha, also....TRIUMPH!! WOOOO :D:D looking awesome

·
Registered
874 Posts
damn, how come austrailia gets the cool color of bikes, A white ZX6R! we should have some of those, all we have instead of white is red, id trade white for red any day.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice, felix, thanks for sharing, looked like a fun time. My vote for the 675.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Felix, judging from your pics I'd say the moto expo must have been awesome. Too bad about the gear merchants, they did the same "no show" thing here to us. :( Triumphs . . . . Hmmmmmm what can I say ? Love all of 'em ! Would like to see the 2010 Special Edition Speed Triple, it has a red and white color scheme. You're lucky, Triumph doesn't even come to our shows. Not enough dealer support I guess. The Yamaha XT660, we won't be seeing that either. Still looking at the KLR ? If you haven't already bought one before you come over this summer, we'll just have to set you up with a test ride ;) and while we're at it, we'll have to get Spooph on it as well ( not at the same time of course ). Who knows, maybe we can change his opinion of it ; :D

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
you have a KLR TR? Sweet! I have nothing against the "machine" part of the new KLR, I just don't like the newer fairings over the older, more square (and significantly smaller) ones. I've heard issues about getting stuck between trees on single-track here in the rockies.... :p

Felix can go for the KLR, I wanna try the 675.... :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah Spooph you have a point, it is a lot more plastic than the older ones. I just wanted something kinda dakar-looking than didn't demand payment of a blood relative, like a KTM or BMW. Would have gone for a Transalp, but most have been riden around the world numerous times, ( very high milage ) and the people selling them want what they sold for back in "89". Back to the KLR, when they made the fairing bigger they also frame mounted it, which got all the weight off the front end. Standing on the pegs while ridding on dirt, they bike manuevers pretty well for it's porky weight. Not too worried about getting stuck between trees with it, cause it ain't never going there. You would have to have a deathwish to go true off-roading on a KLR here in WA. I want to get back into dirt riding,but need a different bike. Don't laugh, but what I want is a KX100 or a CR85 Expert ( Big Wheel ). LOTS OF SUSPENSION / GOOD POWER / ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts