Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://newproductlaunch.kawasaki.com/Products/Overview.aspx?productid=433&featured

This is obviously old news but I wanted to rehash on some of your 'favs' from the group.. what are yours?

VERSYS!

I swear.. that Versys is just amazing IMO. I got to sit on the new ninja 650r a couple months back before I even had my 250 and I really liked how it felt as more of a commuter. The Versys seems to be maybe an even smarter alternative option when I move up. I am already in love with it and figure I will get something similar once I am ready to move up, perhaps in a season and a half or so.

Can zip her around campus for the shorter rides, but also take a long hour and a half parkway or I-95 ride up to Hartford to see concerts etc. so comfortably. I don't know why I like it so much, is my feeling backed up by what they show on the preview, overview and specifications?

Falls in the 650 class with minimal fairing. Has a price tag of only 7,500 USD.. YES, I am loving it.

Do you think that the normal Ninja 650 would be a better choice over this bike? I don't want a supersport, as my 'longterm' bike I really want something that is capable of hauling ass now and then but is mainly used as a comfy commuter. This is all just speculation though because it is based on research and just sitting on bikes in general, I have not even gotten to ride out the season on my 250r yet to be jumping to conclusions, but I have a good idea I think.

They also sell heaps of saddle bags, bolt on compartments, etc. for real long cross-state rides and the like. I think it really looks so slender and maneuverable, yet sexy while still holding its class and undeniable comparable power.

So, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm a big fan of the Versys. Someday I'll be riding a Versys, 650 VStrom, or a BMW G650GS. They all fit well into that "one bike" category. I was at the dealership the other day and the brand new '09 Versys is deep discounted (to make room for '10s, which got a minor make over.) Priced about $1000 more than the 250R!!! I had to leave before I got into more trouble than I could get out of...

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
The Versys is a sweet bike! If I were in the target audience for that bike, I would totally have one. But it just doesn't quite do it for me. It seems like an 80/20 asphalt/dirt bike to me. I think an older KLR would be a smarter choice for me... Of course, if I lived in slightly more urban area, and had more inner-city traffic to deal with, I think the Versys would work beautifully, but at that point, I think I might go with a Buell XB9S... So I don't know, it's just too much of everything, and not enough of one thing to make me stop when I'm paging through the catalogs....

I prolly don't know what I'm talking about though..

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I'm with Spooph, The Versys doesn't do it for me! It looks too much like a Bitsa, has the swingarm of a ZX6, the engine and chassis of the 650 and the mirrors from the Z750.

The 2010 Ninja 650R will be for me with ABS!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Blackout - Cheaper insurance, they've fixed that front headlight (thank god), great commuter!

It's hard to buy a 'bad' bike, when I was looking for my new bike I tried a whole bunch of great bikes, and when you ranked them on reviews the logical choice wasn't the one I made... the bike has to appeal to you. I went out to buy a CBR600RR and bought a ZX6R. It was the only one that spoke to me.

My second bike will be a KLR650... still peg it around the twisties, but can hit the dirt and do my adventure touring.

Other similar bikes are;

Triumph Tiger
Kawasaki KLR 650
Suzuki V-Strom
BMW R+F GS models
Ducati Multistrada
Honda XL1000
Suzuki DR 650
KTM 950
Aprilla Pegaso
Moto Guzzi Stelivo
Yamaha XTZ 660 Tenere
KTM 990
KTM EXC 525
KTM 640

etc...

Best bit of advice I can give, is don't buy a bike based solely on reviews, money and looks... Test them all and find the one that connects with you, does what you need and doesn't break the bank!

Felix

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
That 650r to me looks like its too massive in the front. I see alot of them but it seems to me like they have to add something to the back to make up for that.

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Yep, A Rider!!!!!! :p

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Bahahhaha!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just keeping you on your toes!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts