Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a fuse for the headlights high beam? The high beam went out a day after my purchase of the bike and figured I would ask before pulling off the fairing.
Also, is the fuse box located under the seat? Or us it on the left side behind the fairing like on my '05? Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
It's been a while since I have looked at a 250, but I think it is under seat, or as you mentioned, under the LHS black plastic cover.

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Is there a fuse for the headlights high beam? The high beam went out a day after my purchase of the bike and figured I would ask before pulling off the fairing.
Also, is the fuse box located under the seat? Or us it on the left side behind the fairing like on my '05? Thanks for any help!
High beam...low beam.....
Hopefully they'd be on diff fuses so u don't look all ur headlights at night while driving?....:facepalm::facepalm:
Location?
Mines a 2012 650 n they stuck it under a plastic cover that wraps around the front of the tank n comes off like a sweaty bitch....:whistling::whistling:
That was a dumbass idea.....again from Kawasucki.....:facepalm::facepalm:

Can a worms.....:whistling::whistling:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The headlight fuse is located under the seat, however if you find that the fuse is fine you may want to also check the headlight diode on top of the battery and then the bulb itself. 96% of the time it is a burnt out bulb. This is a good time to replace and upgrade both stock headlights.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, no fuse in my left shoe either.
On a side note, is it possible for a relay to stick open? My break light stays on the whole time. And no...I'm not riding the breaks. Both breaks don't appear to be sticking either. So that would lead me to believe that it may be a relay.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yeah, no fuse in my left shoe either.
On a side note, is it possible for a relay to stick open? My break light stays on the whole time. And no...I'm not riding the breaks. Both breaks don't appear to be sticking either. So that would lead me to believe that it may be a relay.
Check the rear brake light switch. The brake light switch should be adjusted so that there is about and 1/2 in of thread showing just above the bracket. Sometimes it also gets canted in the holder, which will keep the light activated.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.