Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
there is a guy at work, who rides one of these. They are interesting to look at, very retro. But close inspection shows very cheap-looking components.

Look at the lower frame rail... A straight tube, less than an inch in diameter... this thing is as sophisticated as a mini-bike. Very simplistic.

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
You have to build the bobber as well though...so need to factor in time or price to get someone to build it for you!
Pish posh! I'm sure you'd run into a few snags here and there but nothing you can't handle by means of research online.

I don't think they intended this to be a country-wide touring bike or anything. It would be a good bike to put together and store in your garage or take it out for a spin every once in awhile. Probably teach you some really awesome mods. I think kits like these are wicked cool.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeh it only has a 1.1Gallon tank!

ive found a place to buy one over here. £2500 fully built etc.

might buy one next summer instead of a car ;)

·
4,853 Posts
yeh it only has a 1.1Gallon tank!

ive found a place to buy one over here. £2500 fully built etc.

might buy one next summer instead of a car ;)
I'm sure you can find a place that can build you a new tank and paint it. How much is that worth to you? Not sure, but I would go for it. Or they'll come out with a bigger tank before you buy one, or after haha.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its going to be a year before I buy one so hopefully they have a bigger one! if not ill just have to stop at every petrol station i come to

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
4,853 Posts
I'm sure if its not rigid enough you could weld an X pattern on the bottom and that will really give it a good solid structure if it needs it. These are project bikes anyways, the options are all over the table for things you can learn and overcome. I personally love the concept.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I owned one of these......very badass little bikes, but they are only 3/4 the size of and actual bike. I just rode it around my neighborhood, wasn't really bif enough to take out on the street and feel comfortable on it. It was more of a novelty.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
they do optional bigger frames if you want them i think. Longer frames would be better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.