Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
It looks a little bit better... a little rounder on the edges, of course that could just be better photography

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am surprised they did not discontinue it. But with fuel prices and all it is a great commuter I am sure bike sales are up.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
zartan said:
I am surprised they did not discontinue it. But with fuel prices and all it is a great commuter I am sure bike sales are up.
Why would they discontinue it? They are selling like hotcakes!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i was actually told yesterday after the 09 models the 500 ninjas are being discontinued. i think they should be personally because its ugly as hell and why not go with the 250 for a starter. and if that doesn't work for you go up to the 650...

·
Registered
622 Posts
It's like the gixxer 750. A step between two regular sized displacement bikes. Then again I'd still buy a GSXR750 if you offered me one Haha

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
The reason why they have not "updated" the 500 is because it appeals to the older generation of riders. The older generation doesnt want the super sport feel and look so the 500 is very appealing to them. That is also the reason for the 250 not getting a makeover untill now too. If they made all of there bikes sporty, then they would loose a big portion of that market.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Still, if the demand skyrocketed for a made over 500 like it did for the 250, (and I'm sure it would, bigger, more powerful, and good looking, but still cheap) they'd fill that market they lost with new customers.

·
Registered
278 Posts
CSBrad said:
Still, if the demand skyrocketed for a made over 500 like it did for the 250, (and I'm sure it would, bigger, more powerful, and good looking, but still cheap) they'd fill that market they lost with new customers.
n
they should change it up for a year if there discontinuing it and go out wiht a bang! ;P

1 - 14 of 14 Posts