Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a 2009 with an eliminator kit? All of the ones I've found are listed for '08 only, and they don't look like they would fit. the 09's rear brake light housing, undertail, and mud flap are all one piece with a gigantic plate light. I've trimmed it down so far, but i really want to be rid of that awful plate light. were the 08's like that too? the 8's were all sold out around here, and i haven't seen any around (stupid winter)

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
'08 is exactly the same as the '09 model. No difference at all, except for the price and the year. Check the search feature, there's loads of stuff on fender elimination on here somewhere. Welcome by the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sound wave: i just looked at the R&G tail, and it is really nice. But your right $107 US is a lot of money, plus having it shipped from the other side of the pond.....but it's the best looking one I've seen so far.

Does it replace the lower section of the brake light surround (undertail) or do you have to cut the factory plastic? Do you have any pics of yours? Sorry for so many questions, my R6 was just 4 bolts to remove the mudflap and install my new bracket

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the Targa kit. I am disappointed somewhat in the fit & finish. It may be the fact that I'm picky as hell. I'll change it out in the next few months.

·
Registered
50 Posts
the kit replaces the entire section including the lower half of the brake light assembly. i had a hard time understanding the instructions, so after a while, i was kind of winging it. still, i am really happy with the way it came out. there is no cutting of any kind... except that you have to cut the license plate light wire and splice it to the LED light. it even comes with the connectors for that.

the other problem i had with it was that the LED housing doesn't stick out very far... so a lot of the light was wasted on the top of the plate frame. it wasn't that big a deal, but i decided to switch over to a clear plate cover and that helped a lot. oh, also, the turn signals are kind of droopy in the second pic. i have since fixed that.

don't have any real good pics of it, but here are some. someone told me to scratch out the plate numbers... don't know the big deal about that, but whatevers.

·
Registered
267 Posts
that's a nice looking eliminator kit. do you know if it will work with the seat cowl? I know an earlier version of the targa was incompatible...that's why I ask.

·
Registered
50 Posts
dknollRX7 said:
that's a nice looking eliminator kit. do you know if it will work with the seat cowl? I know an earlier version of the targa was incompatible...that's why I ask.
thanks guys.

dknoll, are you asking me? sorry, i didn't get an email notification about your post. i don't have the seat cowl, but there is nothing on it that would prevent you from putting a cowl. it doesn't modify anything other than the fender area. it is literally a direct replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
imo, the number plate shouldnt be right behind the number plate. it should be about 1/3 to half way down the rear section.

looks wierd right under the tail light :S

1 - 20 of 22 Posts