Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008+Woodcraft clip ons

The clip ons are finally available from Woodcraft . The ones I used are 37mm universal ones . They hit the stock dash and scrape the body at full lock unless I rotate the brake lever up Just a touch.The universal ones don't fit exactly either because the fork tube dose not come out of the tree at a 90 deg angle .
Also these bolt under the tree So you don't have to lower the front an inch.
http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idProduct=18129

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: 2008+Woodcraft clip ons

Sorry for seeming a bit new to this kinda stuff but whats a clippon? I went to the link and still could not tell what exactly a clipon was?

·
Registered
277 Posts

Felix said:
Lowers your bars so that they have more of a sportsbike feel. Darkhorse uses them so he can duck in more.

Felix
To expand on that a little more... They're basically just an adjustable set of handle bars. You can adjust how high or low they are in relation to the fork tubes/triple clamps, the angle they sit at, and the width of the total bars.

I have a feeling mine are going to greatly help the ride!

·
Registered
68 Posts

When I was riding the other day I was thinking to myself how nice it would be to lean in a little more. Give it more of a sportbike feel. Makes sense

·
Registered
5,695 Posts

Travisty said:
Felix said:
Lowers your bars so that they have more of a sportsbike feel. Darkhorse uses them so he can duck in more.

Felix
To expand on that a little more... They're basically just an adjustable set of handle bars. You can adjust how high or low they are in relation to the fork tubes/triple clamps, the angle they sit at, and the width of the total bars.

I have a feeling mine are going to greatly help the ride!
To expand on this a little more... Technically a "handlebar(s)" "set of handlebars" is a single tube that has been bent and clamped to the triple trees with brackets, sometimes molded into the top of the triple tree. There is another popular various of handlebars under the cafe-racer crowd named "clubman" bars - and the English named them something different....

A Clip-on is a bracket and (usually) straight pipe combo per side. So you have a tube and bracket for the left and for the right. This is where the adjustment come in. You can scoot the bracket from a clipon up or down the fork tube, and sometimes, the pipe (the piece you hold on to) can be slide in and out of the bracket to make them "wider" or not. Go look at a ZX-6R, and a 650R. The ZX-6R has clip-ons, and the 650R has handlebars.

Hope this helps...

And Darkhorse, when do we get picks? Once you've picked these up, can I buy your old/generic ones? HAHA

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I am keeping my old ones. I don't want them "cliped "under the tree. I like the lowerd bike.The new ones allow you to lower the bars without lowering the bike.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Easy to install . Just bolt on . The two piece clamp makes it so you don't have to take things apart.
Like most motorcycle modifications . You don't increase the resale value with upgrades. in fact you decrease value by doing most mods . But you do increase your enjoyment of the bike .
If you want more reach to the bars then they are good. If not than you don't need them.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

they sit just in front of the fork tubes

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts

thanks darkhorse. just one more question... do you just slide all of the controls onto the new bars and will the stock grips and bar ends work?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

You have to drill a hole in the replaceable bar (by the way) That locates the controls. Then the switches come apart and the throttle slides on and the switches clamp around.

·
Registered
331 Posts

If you don't want to spend to much and there is a bike junk yard nearby,find a handle bar of a CBR 250 IL4.It's a prefect fit aswell.Use this one on mine.

·
Registered
331 Posts

You mean the shape or the position?

If it's the shape.It came from the factory like this.

If it's the position.I like it tilted up slightly.Personal preference.

·
Registered
133 Posts

did you have to lower the front to get the cbr250's bars on? and what's a general price from a junkyard for these bars?

·
Registered
331 Posts

yes,just a tat.Really only about 1 cm(~half an inch).
I dont exactly know the price.Got this one for free.One of my friend here owned the a junkyard.He just throw it at me and sent me away.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts