Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 street fighter

I put on the 37 mm Wood craft clip-ons and removed all the fairings to race in the modified class at Maxton
http://[/img]

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 2008 street fighter

I got the image shack to work. I am not finished. I think after the race I will add a headlight a muffler and blinkers to try to ride it on the street for a while. [/img]

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I have done a couple things . I painted the side of the radator and overflow bottle.[/img]

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

No videos or other pictures for that matter. I just got it running again. I needed to rejet the carbs and safty with the handle bars. I still have a few things left before racing next week. But if I like the way it rides I will put it on the street. I can still put it back to stock.

I may make some trim pieces to bolt to the tank brackets.

·
Registered
646 Posts

Wow man.. Definitely looks interesting now haha, Goodluck racing it! Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

headhunta252 said:
you dear sir have ruined a good looking bike shame :p ahh each to his own i guess
I made sure I can change it all back. It only takes a weekend and it is a fun quiet time playing with a new toy.
There is a method to my madness. I need to change carb jets between runs at the race track. I removed the muffler to get more top end power . I used my bigest jets DJ#110 and it went fast in June but it was very hot like 110 deg f.

In Sept it was 80 deg and in Oct in will be below 70 . I went so lean in Sept I could not reach the revlimiter in fifth gear. And the plug tips started to melt.
By running naked I can pull the carbs and change the jets and check the plugs. Without having to bother with the fairings.

Also I am in 12th place in the points championship. If I brake a record I will get a lot of points. By running without fairings I am in a Modified class not Partial Streemlining.
The record for a modified supercharged 350 cc 4 stroke is 70 mph. I guess someone blew a motor at half track?
I can run in the 350 class while I adjust my jetting .When I feel it won't go any faster I will put the fairing back on and run for a Partial stremliner record. that speed is 108mph
the fastes I have gone is 106 and that is in the hot weather of june when my jetting was off also.

The streetfighter was not my thing but after going to the Isle of man TT and seeing so many cool looking ones .And sitting on this little bike with the clip ons (Witch hit everything like the dash and fairings ) It is kinda growing on me.

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I leave on Thursday to go racing. Teck inspection and track set up is Friday and Sat morning we race.
If you have the stock air box it takes an hour or more . with the K&N filter pods it is easy and with the farings off about 5 min. The problem is witch jets. I installed an air fuel ratio gauge to moniter the fuel. I cant test off track. #1 reason is it is dangerous and illegal #2 is with out the muffler it is LOUD. not just noisy but loud.
#3 Even a dyno is not as good as making a 13000 rpm pass for a mile and shutting it off pulling the plugs and making adjustments. I spent 135 dollars on jets and have a set of jet reamers and a way to mesure the hole in the jet.
I hope I can get the new ninja in the books.

·
Registered
646 Posts

As do I man, Sounds like you'll be the one to do it if anyone is going to.

you've been inspringingly committed to this since day one, I respect you for that aye.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

It is cheeper than new fairings and with some more money and work it would be better
][/img]

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Ratty said:
As do I man, Sounds like you'll be the one to do it if anyone is going to.

you've been inspringingly committed to this since day one, I respect you for that aye.
Thank you for the kind words. it has bin a humbeling experence. It is harder than I thought to brake a land speed record.

By the way My wife is headed down under next week to ride the "Great Southern Randonnee 1200K" That is a bicycle ride around the south tip of Australia 1200 kilometers or 750 miles for the yanks
NON STOP. the same weekend I am racing .

·
Registered
646 Posts

Both you and your wife ride safe :) good luck to you both.

The enduro and the speed demon eh? hehe.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts