Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw this so i did it.

I got the stock exhaust from my brothers 2007 gsxr 600. And just cut it where the line is(just make sure to take OFF the cover you DONT want to cut that)

Then i took off the whole header and cut it where the line is.(but you dont have to its up to you how short you want it but i think i did it as short as possible)

Last step just weld it together like my first pic. youre going to need an extra pice of metal to cover that big gap and thats it just put it back together and youre ready to go.(its my first time on this forum i tried to explain it as clearly as possible)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mistu: Looks like you got rid of the giant muffler chamber that sits before the tip... How loud is that exhaust? I've always liked that look since I first saw it... I think it goes great with the little Ninja's looks. I think most big cans on the big bikes really mess up the flow of the lines on the back of the bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think two ppl already have vids of this exhaust on youtube. Some revs and drive bys. Just type in 2008 ninja 250 gsxr exhaust and you'll get some good results.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea the exhaust sounds really good, but I'm not fond of cutting up my stock header or muffler. I've seen 2 variations of fabricating this. I'd rather go the more safe way. and that's redrider's exhaust. But this one sounds and looks great

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Yeah I can definately understand that. I guess if you want something permanent and different you'd do this, but red's is the safest route to take. I'm digging that HMF exhaust thats been posted on the forums, thats hawt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah you have to really think if you want to do this. i got a brand new stock header off this guy for 40 bucks so i just did it but keep in mind youre going to have to rejet if you do it. for now the bike runs sweet ill keep you guys posted if it gives me problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
mitsubishi_boy said:
Yeah you have to really think if you want to do this. i got a brand new stock header off this guy for 40 bucks so i just did it but keep in mind youre going to have to rejet if you do it. for now the bike runs sweet ill keep you guys posted if it gives me problems.
Why would you need to rejet? What exactly is rejetting?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Rejetting is when you change the jets in the carbs to get the engine more fuel, which is needed when aftermarket exhaust systems are installed. I had a new exhaust put on, and ride it some without the rejet, and it did not run very well. After the dynojet kit was installed, bike ran great.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts