Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the great NorthWest.. Washington state. My name is Marc or prpldude and I Just got my second bike but my first Kawi. Last weekend I found a gorgeous red 2007 Ninja 650r with 6300 miles and in showroom condition... no really, everyone thinks that it is brand new when they see it.. $3500
Now for the cell phone camera pics.

Bad Thumb

Hope to meet some of you soon..
Marc
PS other bike is 80 Suzuki GS850 GLT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Welcome buddy, and a bloody nice find there!!! Good to see some more 650R's on here!!

If you need some tips on where to get parts and accessories, just drop us a line!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all.

#Indie: Yes umm back tire was armour all for pics cleaned off after pics. Will never do that again.

#Zandie: I have ideas of what I would like to do.. just can't leave a bike stock. Already took my Wolo off my Suzi and put it on, so I will be heard.

#Kurt: fender eleminator, for sure.. bars might try. Shorter mirrors and maybe grab handles for the wife. Would like LED blinkers all the way around and if there is a digital spedo/tach mod would be fun.

She is a fun ride way different than my Suzi.

Thanks again and glad to be here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Suzi is a '80 GS850 GLT. It rides WAY different than the Ninja. The glt has ape hanger bars and a "custom" seat which is very comfortable. Here is a link to the pics I have of it. (it no longer has the front windscreen. I sold it with my CB450. <-- first bike.
Suzuki GS850

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be as many 650r on here...

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
I've noticed there doesn't seem to be as many 650r on here...
Yeah, as Boar said, this site is primarily aimed at the New Gen. 250R, but a few of us have moved up into the 650R etc. My wife now rides my 250R and is very happy with it, and it was a great bike to learn on. Because we wanted to do more 2up touring, I moved up to the 650R.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I feel welcomed even though I have a 650r. I look forward to seeing all the great bikes on here and the updates/mods/hacks that you have all done and are doing.

Is there a 650r forum? Not that I'm looking to leave LOL Just want to make sure that the things I post are pertinent to you also.

Thanks again :)

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ooooooohhhhhhhhwwwwe prpldude! When I get big, I want a bike like that. That's one hell of a good looking machine right there and the price is just about the same as a new gen 250-NICE!

·
Registered
379 Posts
One thing I noticed about all the 650Rs I've seen is the colour matched rear spring. That's a nice touch, especially since it's mounted in a highly visible location.

They're good bikes from what I've read. They look great and there's plenty of low down torque from the parallel twin.

·
Registered
726 Posts
They're good bikes from what I've read. They look great and there's plenty of low down torque from the parallel twin.
They pull like tractors, from about 2K on up. Different riding experience, from the two-fifty, as you'd expect... top-heavy, not as fun in the corners, and the engine doesn't 'sing' like the little twin (just rattles). But they get similar fuel mileage, and are easy on the wallet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hhhmmm must get wife a 250 so I can ride it LOL

Compared to my GS850 the 650r goes through the twisties great... She is so much more easy to maneuver. 200Lbs lighter and different style handlebars. Yes lots of torque on the 650r LOL... have to remember to keep front wheel on ground.. in second and third... LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.