Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, maybe that's not a real statistic, but it is what I saw when I went out the other day. You can tell it's getting close to riding season again because all the bikes have come out of their winter hibernation. I must have seen at least 10 riders with jeans, t-shirts and tennis shoes, 1 in shorts and hoodie on, before I saw 2 riders with jackets on and what appeared to be boots of some sort and gloves. I realized the weather was awesome (high 60's), but it wasn't scorching hot either. Either the other 23 riders are totally trusting of their perceived riding scenario or totally oblivious to the potential dangers of riding naked.

Yes, riding naked...., cause by the time you finish sliding around on the asphalt, ( I pray that no one does, but..) it will feel like that t-shirt and jeans weren't even on. Even though they may have been on a slow cruise around town, there is always the potential for disaster.

Listen, the most valuable piece of equipment you have is your brain. When you forget to use knowledge, common sense and logic, everything else becomes useless. So this season, let's all ride a little more safely and cautiously on the streets.

ATGATT! It's not that bad.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
The minimum I wear is helmet,armoured textile alpinestars jacket ,Knox back protector ,gloves ,boots and jeans !i only put jeans on if I know I'm pottering about ,if I'm doing mileage and I know I will be going quick then its leathers all the way !people in shorts and t-shirt are just dumbasses!

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
sometimes i wear a slipon......:facepalm::facepalm:
but u have to be care wearing one when biking.....:whistling:
One wrong move n u might just.....:dance:
Slip on ur slipon....:whistling:
U all fallowing this......:thumb::thumb:
Time 2 take a pill.......:whistling:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
earlthepearl said:
sometimes i wear a slipon......:facepalm::facepalm:
but u have to be care wearing one when biking.....:whistling:
One wrong move n u might just.....:dance:
Slip on ur slipon....:whistling:
U all fallowing this......:thumb::thumb:
Time 2 take a pill.......:whistling:
Earl you have far too many innuendos lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
define proper gear please.

I wear tennis shoes, a helmet, jacket, jeans, and gloves. I'm aware that i need to get some riding boots or something so that my ankles aren't destroyed, but i thought that jeans were considered sufficient for casual riding.. including typical highway travel.

btw.. can someone recommend some boots, or a store where i can get some? I want some that i can just wear with my jeans and have them look like a mostly normal shoe or boot

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
L1felock said:

I wear tennis shoes, a helmet, jacket, jeans, and gloves. I'm aware that i need to get some riding boots or something so that my ankles aren't destroyed, but i thought that jeans were considered sufficient for casual riding.. including typical highway travel.

btw.. can someone recommend some boots, or a store where i can get some? I want some that i can just wear with my jeans and have them look like a mostly normal shoe or boot
Helmet,good gloves proper boots and leathers!if you crash at 55 on a highway with jeans you're gonna be lucky to have skin left!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
L1felock said:

Try this, from speed and strength , made to look like a shoe but all the protection is there

Automotive design Black Picture frame Grey Walking shoe

Shoe Black Picture frame Grey Automotive design

Light Black Automotive design Grey Automotive tire

Jaw Font Automotive tire Motor vehicle Monochrome photography

]

·
Registered
9,088 Posts
Them look a bit to gay 4 me.....:facepalm:
Not that there's anything wrong with that.....:whistling::whistling:
I'll stick with a above ankle hiking boot.....:thumb:

Geeeee hope i don't offend anyone.....:eek::eek:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.