Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just wanted to know who has the bigger 150mm tire installed on there 3.5 rear wheel. With all the flipping and flopping in all of the other post, I see that alot of people want to but I think they are detered from doing so. My biggest worry is the safety aspect of moving up in size. So who has done it and what negative effects "safety wise" have you encountered? The reason I am asking is I will soon head down that road. I know I will loose something in the end - power - flickability? So be it. I want the look. I have put together a few paint jpegs on all the tires I think are good quality plus looking the best. These are all radial tires btw. The Continental and Avon tires are really making it hard for me to choose cause I believe those are the absolute best looking. Price is really no big deal, but if I could get a better deal from different ones then so be it. The Metzelers were the cheapest but has anyone put those on? Like I said I am not so concerned with performance. I dont go to the track and really dont ride that aggressive except when going in a straight line down the road. I quess if it had a trunk it would be a grocery getter!!!!! JK I really want to here from those how have done this!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
adam owens said:
so the 160/60 is the biggest that will fit? i have been tryn to find a green tire cuz i have the green bike does anyone no where i can get one of those ? how do u like the 160/60 btw?
Yes On a 08-09 250 with Stock wheel & swingarm a 160/60/17 is biggest tire that will fit.. I liked the 160 but have since Modified my stock swingarm & swapped out my stock rear wheel For wider wheel to fit my New 180/55/17..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great pics joe and yeah no color tires for me. They are cool but you would kinda look like a clown.

So HP you have any pics showing the new swingarm and 180?

Any others with comments / personnel experience?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my wifes Ninja fitted with Pirellis Angel ST ( http://www.pirellityre.com/web/motorcycle/tyres/angelst/default.page )
150 back, 120 front and I must say it looks damn cool :)
There was no problem fitting them - and after quick test run I think the bike is handling better. I think the stock tires gave the bike a "nervous" handling, and the new tyres makes the bike feel more like a "real" bike. I havent tried to ride it hard through the corners so I dont know how it will handle that. My wife is more carefull and mostly likes the look of the tyres ;)

I have an old Honda VFR750 1988 (rc24) myself and if the Ninja had just a few HP more I would consider swapping :)

//JJ

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
You want to know something I never understand Exactly what "Chicken strips" actual were. Now I understand!

Uneven wear like on the side wall from not leaning hence the name chicken strips? right? lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.