Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after doing a ton of searching, I decided to go with the 15/41 combo since I plan to do a lot of commuting with my two-fiddy...

Bike - bone stock '10 (I will shim the needles when I get some time)
Rider - 300lbs with gear
commute - 70 miles round trip, mostly highway
At sea level, in CT so up hills and down hills

My findings - PERFECT! Real world traffic speeds (70ish), I was crusing at 7500, 8000 at times. So much less buzzy and the bike seemed to like it too (meaning I didn't have to push her to stay at those RPM's). She had enough pep to pass people without downshifting, but never got to where I though I was pushing her. Got her up to 95 indicated at around 9500ish R's and she could've kept going.

Of course I got off the highway a couple exits early to test her in the twisties...She did great! The only thing you have to stay concious of is either keeping your corner speed higher, or making sure you're in the RPM 'sweet spot' when you're exiting the corner.

This is my first tank of gas with the combo, so I will report back my MPG...I don't have a baseline to go off of, but I'll report what I'm getting now..

Summary - I'm glad I did it. I do have to say, it won't be for everyone. It did lose a little pep on corner exit...but like I said, I'm using her for more of a commuter than anything else....

· Registered
1,480 Posts
....Summary - I'm glad I did it. I do have to say, it won't be for everyone. It did lose a little pep on corner exit...but like I said, I'm using her for more of a commuter than anything else....
You're absolutely right. This sprocket combo is definitely for those who commute often and have at least shimmed or re-jetted. The extra fuel and air are essential for the extra power needed to make the bike run great. A bone stock Ninja will lack the extra HP to get the most benefit out of this sprocket combo.

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm looking at going 15/41 as well since I've been doing a lot of highway riding and 9.5k RPM's can be a bit ear shattering. But it also provides the power for the city riding I do. A weekend warriror, so I don't need 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. Haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.