Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all once again, got this LED kit coming soon in the mail and the EBay seller told me I need to wire it to a 12V source. Just wondering where is the best place and any tips on the process of doing this. I would like to get lots of feedback on this one as I am going to tackle this by myself...lol :eek: :eek:. Here is the link to the kit I am getting. Thanks as usual !!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=350189597463

Also I wrote a longer note further down this page being more specific to the help I need, please read on, Thanks.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Re: where to find a 12V source ??

Ha that's my bike it's showing on the ebay page... but I'm guessing... the battery?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: where to find a 12V source ?? and how to wire LED's

Ok I guess i worded my question wrong again...lol. I am looking for "hold my hand" kind of instructions and walk me through an LED installation. Things like, do I have to strip my wires on this kit first? Is there soddering needed or do you crimp or electic tape them. If it is the battery i have to hook them too, how do you do this?? Do I wrap them around a terminal or splice into wires already connected to the battery ?? See I need someone who can walk me through the major steps of such a process. I am very handy with tools and can get the farings off and the seat if thats required no problem. I dont like messing with electrical on a new bike without all of your help out there, so PLEASE enlighten me all...LMAO. Also I was thinking of having some of the leds only light up or light up brighter when the brake is pressed. How would one do this?? I like what the guy in this You tube Video has done.... can any tell me how he did this??
Ninja 250R LED Brake Lights

or this one....2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

These are custom jobs. Unless some other member has done one similar or just like it, you are talking some serious walk thru, hold my hand type instruction.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Well I hear spooph is the man when it comes to wiring....hope he can help. Custom or not a wire is attached the same way either crimped or soddered..etc... Ill mount them my way, just need someone with the know-how to say ok..."if you want them to work with a brake light then wire them to this"....or "if you want them running all the time do this".... "and i recommend you sodder them not electric tape for a better job" etc....
Then tell me do i splice or run them to a terminal....really ghost no need to over complicate my questions....lmao.

·
Registered
622 Posts

Hi tech has a thread where he posted a video of his, if you ask nicely you might get some tips...

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Usually the kit comes with instructions. Do follow them as instructed. U don't want to burn an led light.. And the best source would be the battery. Unless u want to have it turn on as u turn the ignition on. Then there would be a more detail way of doing it

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Well Hi- tech or Spooph or anyone with the know-how ...Pleeeeaaasssseeee!!!! I need you to show my how to wire LED strips to the battery and brake lights. Really thats simply all I'm asking with tips on the best way to connect them for durability.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Hey freak. How good are u with wires? That will determine how soon u will have that ninja lid up

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: where to find a 12V source and how to wire LED's??

Ok hi tech I guess they are going to be brand specific, so the instructions are best. I guess I should be asking for any recommendation on what NOT to do when it comes to the wiring...lol. Also its been said that you have done something similar, if you have posted a topic on this site could you please post me a link cause I cant seem to find yours. Thanks and when I run into a snag I guess I write for help.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Thats the thing Im a carpenter by trade and although Im handy I'm not so good with wiring....too bad the ninja wasnt made out of wood...LMAO :p

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Carpenter.. Well that means u are good with your hands. How soon u expecting ur kit?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ordered it today..lol. With customs at the boarder maybe 2-3 months...lol. I hope in a couple weeks. I ordered a zero gravity windscreen on april 9th and still a no show. These thing take time I guess. So how bout that link?? Did you do something similar with LEDS?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts

I didn't mean to make your task sound more difficult, I kind of know the amount of time spent when it comes to custom wiring lights or anything electronic. I figured hi-tech or someone else would come soon enough. however I see at the time of the last post he still did not show you his work. It Is Awesome...

http://www.newninja.com/ninja-pictures/led-lights-on-my-ninja/

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hey Ghost no worries. I really appreciate you trying to help me and your detailed answers. Maybe Im too much of a newbie, but I thought thats what this site was for??. I still cant believe that hose from my other post is that hard to identify with so many "experts" on here. :p

I will get my lights on and they will look sick. They do come with instructions, just thought my fellow ninja family would want to help. Maybe they dont want their bikes out done...lol. ( cough- hi tech -cough) :p

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

no need, you probably just make me hook it up to my high beams or something ...lol. Ill figure it out, its not rocket science.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Well what ever u do don't burn them. Oh yeah I took some pics of my led locations around the bike. I will upload them on my other section.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Blue Ghost said:
I didn't mean to make your task sound more difficult, I kind of know the amount of time spent when it comes to custom wiring lights or anything electronic. I figured hi-tech or someone else would come soon enough. however I see at the time of the last post he still did not show you his work. It Is Awesome...

http://www.newninja.com/ninja-pictures/led-lights-on-my-ninja/
thanks blue ghost.. cheers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts