Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I like to ride with my wife but I'm a small guy (5'5" 160lb) and she is a small little Asian (5'0" 100lb). So when she rides with me she has to lean far and I end up doing a half push up the whole ride.

My question is, Do they make any sissy bars for the ninja or even some handles that can attach under the seat so when I close it the handles will be locked in place or am I out of luck because I don't want to start foolishly attach a handle that might get ripped out and damage the fiberglass. I am mostly just looking for her safety because I want to go on trips with her but also want to have her comfortable and not squeezing the air out of me :)

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Maybe if u add some spacers on the bar to adjust your sitting possition more upright so she won't have to lean on u. Also have her squeeze u with her legs not her arms. Kind of what u do with the ninja as a rider.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
There are a few options here, and these guys above have some good input:

If she can reach, and you'd both be comfortable, she can also put her hands on the tank, instead of just holding on to you.

When my girl rides with me, she doesn't even hold on to me, and sits straight up where she is comfortable. I ride smooth, but not slow. She feels the road, and leans with me. Accel = she leans forward. Brake = she leans backward, and side to side is self-explanatory. Sometimes she'll just put her hands on my hips, for quick take-offs and such, but I rarely even feel her back there, and it's only when I'm not going fast enough that she'll jab her fingers in my side to speed me up when I remember she's with me... :p

You can also take a look at BlackBoar's luggage mod using an another passenger seat, and maybe build your own sissy bar for the little ninja, eh?

I've wanted to do this, but alas, I haven't even finished my other bike project to get to all the NInja projects I have, turn signals being the first... :p

Let us know what you come up with, eh?

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot for all the imput. I pretty much feel like spooph where I just need her to get more comfortable with it. She doesn't ride all the time when we are together cuz we take our new Honda Fit which is another gas sipper so we haven't put too much time on the bike together... Yea new helmet and Icon jacket and she so far has only road a handful of times :( I need to get my money out of that darn jacket!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
i say use some Love haldles... they are handles that strap around the riders waist and she can hold onto those. they are very useful

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,247 Posts
Delta107 said:
ummm no link!
Are you blind?!!
Hehe!!! my bad!! Its actually from your mods list Deltabut it shows all of the parts available!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Might recommend her own Ninja. Nothing better than following the girlfriend around and pulling up at stoplights next Harleys with the chick on the back looking like "Why am I on tha back, I should have my own Harley!"

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts