Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Man, The Mystery, The Itch.
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have PM'd me about the '08's over here in Daytona so I emailed our main Kawi dealer. I'll copy and paste what he said here to me since I told you I would because I'm such a fucking cool guy...lol. A little bit of a price change :eek: :mad: I wasnt very happy at all but eh, we'll just have to deal with it. So here it is:

John,

Thanks for the inquiry, the 2008 Ninja 250 is no longer available. The 2009s will be released in october and sorry to say that green will not be available for 2009 in addition the MSRP has changed to $3999. Please get back in touch with me aroung October for 2009 availability.

Sincerely,

MannyBankston's Kawasaki KTM of Daytona Beach3566 W. International Speedway BoulevardDaytona Beach, FL 32124386-238-1091Email: [email protected]

So yeah thats what I got, hope that helped those who PM'd me and those who were just curious.

-John

·
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me too, I had my heart set on a green machine, and the extra $500 is going to make the kawasaki dealership jackasses think that they can jack up the price on us, which is going to make this bike less popular. On the other hand Yamaha is supposedly working on a 250 with full fairing for $3,499...but thats only rumor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm kicking myself for moving my deposit to an '09. There might have been a chance that my order would've got confirmed. Probably not, but I feel gutted.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I hope he is blowing smoke. wtf Kawasaki not making a green one. that is just wrong. Kitten and everyone else that wanted one hopefully a used one with 150 miles comes to you for 2999.00 oooommmmmm chant...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok, just talked to my dealer (Cottonwood Motorsports, AZ) it's a small operation, maybe 10 employees for parts/service/sales total, and he hasn't heard of or seen any bulletin about '08s being suspended, or a MSRP increase.

He did say that the last 250 to come through was an 09, and that was 2 weeks ago. So maybe he didn't get it because he had no outstanding 08 orders.

So maybe the bigger dealers are milking the time between 09s shipping and when Kawi updates their site to squeeze that extra $500 out of people.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got off the phone with my sales guy, and he said he is selling them for 3800.
I'm 3rd in line and they hit the dealerships in september.

·
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well hell, I should go to a smaller dealership then...I dont get how these dealerships just do as they please.

·
Registered
17 Posts
this is pretty damn ridiculous! i called my dealer today just to see what was up with the dates and shit and he told me the same story...$500 more and no green....although i really wanted a black beauty but shit, that really pisses me off. theres absolutely no changes either WTTFFFFFFF

·
Registered
10 Posts
i talked to my dealer this morning and he told me that the price is going up $500, and assured me that kawi is not dropping the lime green color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man o man, I just heard this from the dealer today and I raced home to let you guys know, but it seems like y'all beat me to it. HaHa, But hey, I bet this increases the resale value of those of us lucky enough to have gotten an '08

·
Registered
6 Posts
well guys mine comes in september. im first on the list and i get the early release model! ive been on the list for 2 months! sucks waiting. anyway, i hope we have more info soon!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts