Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to take pictures of my new tires (still have my oem tires as spares)

Tires are Michelin Pilot Power 2's GREAT improvement over stock. A great buy in my opinion.

F: 120/60/17
R: 150/70/17

---

Overall my handling is by far in no way drastically reduced, I can still flick my bike easily and gas mpgs to me are unnoticable.

A great improvement over stock tires is these ones in particular offer much better grip on sudden braking, with my stock/oem Dunlops on sudden braking even with tires warmed up, they would cause me to skid or have my rear wheel lock up. With these tires, no such thing.

Cornering is immensely improved and taking hairpin turns or whatnot is with much added confidence.

I highly recommend these tires hands down, whether in oem sizing or the sizes I utilize.

-----
Question, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So I decided to take pictures of my new tires (still have my oem tires as spares)

Tires are Michelin Pilot Power 2's GREAT improvement over stock. A great buy in my opinion.

F: 120/60/17
R: 150/70/17

Overall my handling is by far in no way drastically reduced, I can still flick my bike easily and gas mpgs to me are unnoticable.

A great improvement over stock tires is these ones in particular offer much better grip on sudden braking, with my stock/oem Dunlops on sudden braking even with tires warmed up, they would cause me to skid or have my rear wheel lock up. With these tires, no such thing.

Cornering is immensely improved and taking hairpin turns or whatnot is with much added confidence.

I highly recommend these tires hands down, whether in oem sizing or the sizes I utilize.

-----
Question, comments, or concerns, feel free to ask.

Very nice! The rear tire doesn't looked pinched at all, or is it just the angle of the picture only?

Why not 150/60/17? Any particular reason for going 150/70/17?

Great tires!:thumb:

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Wow, those sidewalls are huge! Good looking bike! I have Super Corsas on my second set of wheels for the track, and I'm a bit spoiled with the 60 side-wall. BTW, there is about half an inch of chicken strip on 60 side-walled tire which you can't use, so the 70's might be less wasteful. Keep us posted on how they wear and ride, eh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bike looks really good but could you please clarify something for me. I may be wrong, and frequently am so please don't take any offense, but the rear tire looks more like a Michelin Pilot Road 2 150/70 ZR17 to me as opposed to a Pilot Power 2. I really can't tell very much from the front tire as the picture is too dark to really get a good view of the front tread. Would really appreciate if you could clear this up for me. I have a Ninja 250R SE 2012 and am thinking of putting Michelin Pilot Road 2's on mine as well and am considering the 150/70 ZR17 rear and 120/70 ZR17 front. There is so much conflicting information as to do's and dont's that it's not so easy to make up one's mind as to what is better. I ride in Indonesia and the roads are not the best, particularly outside of Jakarta where I mainly ride, and the stock tires are really bad as far as grip and even moderate braking is concerned. I did consider a 150/60 17 and 120/60 17, as some people seem to recommend because of the smaller sidewall, but ruled out the low profiles in consideration of the poor state of some of the roads in West Java. I also have to admit that the 150 rear is also a touch of vanity on my part too - it just looks better!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.