Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
i just got the chinese cowl in the mail. i'd recommend you stick w/ the oem. i got the black one. the color doesn't match. it doesn't come with the rubber pieces you need to install it. everything is just poor quality.

this piece feels really weak and brittle. if it breaks it could fall off your bike.

This is the piece from Hong Kong.

This is the piece from the OEM cowl. It has the rubber pieces you need.

This is the Hong Kong piece. The locking piece freely rotates when it should be fixed.

This is the OEM piece. The locking piece is welded.

These are pics of the gap. The OEM cowl also has a gap. Also, the OEM piece has a little notch on the right side where the helmet hook is. The Hong Kong piece doesn't have that notch.

· Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I can see the difference in the colour, and I believe it would look ok on a solid black bike. The special edition model you have Black metallic no?

· Registered
21 Posts
ok. i've got the se black. i didn' think it would be different. i had the oem black cowl and it matched perfectly.

the hong kong cowl is really faded in color and it's got little bubble marks. remember the hong kong cowl doesn't have the rubber pieces that the oem cowl does. you kinda need those to mount it on the bike.

if you can color match it to your bike i'm sure it will look great. i haven't taken my bike out in the sun w/ it on yet. i'll try to take more pics when i do. i'm still worried about how easily it might break. i'll let you know if it does.

the cowl fits securely on the bike with the 3 rubber pieces i took from an oem cowl. if you're getting the cowl for the looks then the extra 30 or so bucks might warrant the better color match, absence of bubble marks on the paint, and the 3 rubber pieces that securely mount it to the bike and prevent lateral wobbling. if i would've known i would've gone oem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.