Kawasaki Ninja Forum banner

Roadkill

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fry1024 
#1 ·
So I was riding home tonight in the dark and rural area I live and I came around a corner and I saw something on the road mid turn and there wasn't time to swerve, so I straightened the bike up and braced for impact. I nearly lost control of the bike, but I managed to keep on my wheels and on the road, despite going a little into another lane. I hit something that I believe a car killed sometime earlier and I think my bike got covered in it's blood, I could smell something nasty baking on my exhaust the rest of the ride home.

Be careful when you ride at night and don't panic if you find yourself in a bad situation like I did; at least the not panicing part likely saved my bike and I from making close friends with the road.

#2 ·
****, skunk, possum, porcupine, deer, Bigfoot?
What's 4 dinner...LOL..
This time of year with cooler weather coming they travel a lot, so....
They's more road kills....
I see them everyday here....
Glad u made it..........
Ur getting very good at riding ur bike now....ain't ya....:thumb:
I hope u didn't hit a little dead mouse n blew it all into this....LOL
:facepalm:
Just being funny.....:whistling:

#3 ·
There is blood and other leftover matter from whatever it is I ran over on my bike. My bike has a small dent in one of the bottom area on a header, blood and brain matter (I think) on the oil pan/ crankcase area, blood on the tires and the foul smell of the blood and stuff cooking off exhaust, which is nasty.

If I had a lower fairing on a center stand on my bike, there is no doubt in my mind, I would have crashed when either got caught on the roadkill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.