Plasti dip - Kawasaki Ninja Forum

post #1 of 18 Old 10-03-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Plasti dip

I'm thinking of painting my black 2011 ninja 250 windscreen, and I wanna do it gold. I'm wondering, first of all, if there is a specific brand that would look best through the stock windscreen. If not I'll probably use plasti dip because I want it to match with the little black fairing pieces on either side of the seat (not sure what to call 'em), as I'm considering painting those gold as well. So I'm also wondering if anyone has done any plastidipping on their bike, specifically gold with black, and how it looks. Anyone having any advise/experience with this stuff and able to give some input would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
I haven't done Plastidip myself, but there are plenty of guys who have used it on their bikes.
For your windscreen, there should be no issues, but for the side pieces you mentioned, it will wear off, and rather quickly, especially if your legs are rubbing against them.
If you really wanted a good finish, I would sand them back and paint them properly. Plastidip should be considered as a temporary only.

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R ABS Island Metallic Blue. Yoshi Exhaust, Sport Bars 3.0, CF Rimtape, Bar ends & Spools, Givi & Ventura Luggage, New Ninja Decal, Double Adjustable Levers, Frame Sliders, PC5 Power Commander, Pirelli Angel Tyres, and more to come!!!
post #3 of 18 Old 10-03-2013, 11:32 PM
Ninja Master

Send a message via Yahoo to earlthepearl
My walmart krylon 4 plastic has held up very well......LOL
N it's cheap....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

..Just wanna take a bikeride.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 10-04-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit View Post
I haven't done Plastidip myself, but there are plenty of guys who have used it on their bikes. For your windscreen, there should be no issues, but for the side pieces you mentioned, it will wear off, and rather quickly, especially if your legs are rubbing against them. If you really wanted a good finish, I would sand them back and paint them properly. Plastidip should be considered as a temporary only.
dont plasti dip where u contact the bike as zandit said. He is correct. Also krypton plactic paint works awesome for what it is but colors are limited

post #5 of 18 Old 10-05-2013, 06:24 AM
Apprentice Ninja

A camo plast dip I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3493659045.jpg (545.9 KB, 17 views)

post #6 of 18 Old 10-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Apprentice Ninja

It had stayed on for a couple of months now with no issues at all and I get many compliments on it.

post #7 of 18 Old 10-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPowerZX10 View Post
It had stayed on for a couple of months now with no issues at all and I get many compliments on it.
I didn't notice a gun rack....LOL

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #8 of 18 Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice Ninja

I actually thought about camo, but I couldn't find any pics of it online so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Yours looks awesome though. I started painting mine gold. I got some metallic pure gold rust oleum from home depot and have several coats of that on my windscreen, the two black plastic things on either side of the driver seat, and I also sprayed those 4 plugs (2 on each side) that are right above the foot pedals. I'm thinking about also spraying the passenger pegs, would I have to sand those down though in order to do that?

post #9 of 18 Old 10-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scars2remindus View Post
I actually thought about camo, but I couldn't find any pics of it online so I wasn't sure how it would turn out. Yours looks awesome though. I started painting mine gold. I got some metallic pure gold rust oleum from home depot and have several coats of that on my windscreen, the two black plastic things on either side of the driver seat, and I also sprayed those 4 plugs (2 on each side) that are right above the foot pedals. I'm thinking about also spraying the passenger pegs, would I have to sand those down though in order to do that?
Not sue if they'd need sanding, but they have to be very clean.
I lube every, and anything that moves on my bike, so it's oilie.....
Plus I use a chainsaw bar n chain oil on my chain n it's get on everything...LOL
Even the back tire.....
I try to get most of it off that, but it does make for exciting cornering..LOL

post #10 of 18 Old 10-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Apprentice Ninja

Light sanding does help it hold better but it's really not necessary.

Tags
250r, ninja, paint, plasti dip

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in