250R Showing the big boys how it's done at Laguna Seca!! - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja Forum

post #11 of 22 Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Apprentice Ninja

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvepointhead
But yes the guy riding the 250 in the vid is good but I'm talking about equal riders on bikes not a wizard against novices that means nothing there's a guy in England who put a bet in a super bike mag that he could beat anyone on any bike and he was on a Harley nobody beat him but he was a pro racer its like sending a kid to fight mike Tyson
Trololol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 09-26-2012, 06:12 PM
Ninja Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhendo87

Trololol.
??

post #13 of 22 Old 09-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Respected Rider

Yeah I wondered what that meant too?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Apprentice Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit View Post
Just another example of what a proficient rider on a weak machine can do versus weak riders on powerful machines...

Lol.

post #15 of 22 Old 09-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Respected Rider

Yeah that's right no denying that but that's the rider my point is its not that the 250 would spank the big bikes if they were equal riders the 250 wouldn't stand a chance

post #16 of 22 Old 09-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Ninja Novice

The fact is that most people may be able to "master" a 250 than 600-1000cc. I am sure if this guy was given a few laps on a 600-1000cc would do better than the others "naturally".

It is just that everyone just talks hype (trash) about "pwning" a 250 or why get one. Everyone has their reasons for owning a 250 and possibly "upgrading" to a bigger bike later or keeping the bike.

Example: I am going to be getting my first bike soon a Ninja 300.
Reasons: #1. I am 100% new to riding and I am taking the MSF first before purchase. #2. I am a conservative guy, first car was a Geo Metro and I loved that car and I would trade in my current car to have it back. #3. I do plan on riding with friends that do ride 600s and above but this group has Cruisers and other non SS type bikes. We all still have fun. Some "speed" others "stunt" while the casual riders watch, ride, and enjoy. #4. 300 hit the right spot for me. Not to HOT not too COLD for my needs.

We all get a bike to have a bike. Get one for yourself. Not what others want for you to have. Notice how 250 riders don't think they are superior than +600cc riders or even scooters. Have RESPECT to other RIDERS and their BIKES. Wave at each other, chat about bike stuff, respect other opinions and choices.

This post was not aimed at anyone posting on this Forum.

post #17 of 22 Old 09-27-2012, 03:31 AM
Apprentice Ninja

That is some awesome riding. I stepped down from a 600 to a 250 on the track and it has been fun. First time out was a wake up call but the 250 really helps me slow down and work on technique.

post #18 of 22 Old 09-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Apprentice Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefeatedHusband View Post
The fact is that most people may be able to "master" a 250 than 600-1000cc. I am sure if this guy was given a few laps on a 600-1000cc would do better than the others "naturally".

>>>Agree...

It is just that everyone just talks hype (trash) about "pwning" a 250 or why get one. Everyone has their reasons for owning a 250 and possibly "upgrading" to a bigger bike later or keeping the bike.

>>>I was originally going to ride a 250 but it was physically too small for me, the 400R was a good fit...

Example: I am going to be getting my first bike soon a Ninja 300.
Reasons: #1. I am 100% new to riding and I am taking the MSF first before purchase. #2. I am a conservative guy, first car was a Geo Metro and I loved that car and I would trade in my current car to have it back. #3. I do plan on riding with friends that do ride 600s and above but this group has Cruisers and other non SS type bikes. We all still have fun. Some "speed" others "stunt" while the casual riders watch, ride, and enjoy. #4. 300 hit the right spot for me. Not to HOT not too COLD for my needs.

We all get a bike to have a bike. Get one for yourself. Not what others want for you to have. Notice how 250 riders don't think they are superior than +600cc riders or even scooters. Have RESPECT to other RIDERS and their BIKES. Wave at each other, chat about bike stuff, respect other opinions and choices.

This post was not aimed at anyone posting on this Forum.
To each his own

post #19 of 22 Old 09-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Respected Rider

Yo defeated husband I know you said it wasn't aimed at anyone but I kind of think its aimed at me and just to clarify things here you have got me wrong I do have total respect for all bikers and I couldn't agree with you more about get a bike you want not what others say I too used to have a 250 an rgv250 and it was great fun I loved it at the time this was many moons ago I don't feel I'm superior in any way just cos I ride a 1000 and I'm not slagging 250s off either I just get annoyed when people say that they would beat bigger bikes and I was just making a point about the fact that they can't I don't mean to offend anyone in any way as you say we're all bikers and we all have the same interests its just if you ride a 250 then that's great I actually think they look lovely but don't put things up saying that they would beat 6 or 10s cos that's rediculous so if I've offended anyone I apologise to you all happy riding lads:-)

post #20 of 22 Old 09-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Ninja Novice

I know that it has your post as a quote, but I only hit Quick Reply so it quoted your reply.

It wasn't aimed at you, I say again. I did post this as a reply on a post but it was made in general to all the guys on this and other forums that knock on the little banger.

Sorry but there is a lot of claimed "squids" (I am new at riding myself but not classified under squid definition yet and hope not be in that category) and even veterans that have forgotten their roots or the Motorcycle roots in general. The other day I read a post on another forum of a "54 year old" claiming that no one should be riding a bike unless it is at least 1000cc for fear that you wouldn't "look cool".... a "54 year old".

But the reference to beating other bikes that are bigger. In which I never stated. I only said that the Larger Bike Owners tend to say they would beat 250s hands down. But obviously these are the "squids" talking not typical mature owners that took years to develop pure riding skills for track made bikes. Sorry if that sounds sarcastic but it is not.

This video is only only one guy that has proven he could. Do we "know" his skill level or the other larger bikes skill levels, no. But saying that a 250 can't beat larger ones is not a fact when this video exists. That is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong I have watched 100-175cc (custom) scooters beat out 250 and 600 bikes. The track is what made the difference (short curvy track). Yes, Dyno stats prove that lager bikes should always dominate. But do they on the track? Depends again on the track and what rider is on its top side. Would slicks on a 250 and hard rubber on a 1000 make a difference too? Ton of factors involved here but this is all "What If".

I have respect for all bikers and bike cc ranges. You an I both do not knock on large, small or even motorcycles cousins. Keep rubber side down, oh and still on the bike.
**Again if this auto quotes people sorry, it's a quick reply**

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in