Hello from new member needing help - Kawasaki Ninja Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 09-30-2018, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Ninja Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello from new member needing help

Hey fellow riders,
I recently just bought a 1987 Kawasaki ZX750F with 10,732 miles and paid only $400. Since I got it I have rebuild and cleaned the carbs, derusted the gas tank which is still off, I had to replace the gas lid. I bought a service Haynes manual. I am now at the point I need to order the belt for alternator, I need to swap out all fluids and replace the brakes front and rear. So far I have done all the work by myself and with books, youtube and just being mechanically mind ( I am hoping LOL) So I am going to need help on putting in the belt which seems not to hard. ( cant find the tension wrench Kawasaki is asking for) and when placing the carburetor back on for some reason my clamps on the air box side like the rubbers swollen up or I just lost the bigger clamps since taking apart. ( Not sure) then I need some guidance on lining up all the vacuum lines and fuel lines to right places. Also like to add my profile picture is my bike but I got an image of of Google till I get one of my own...

Sorry so long excited about being a part of the forum
any advice appreciated I am always learning
Thanks from San Juan Capistrano

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-15-2018, 02:25 AM Thread Starter
Ninja Novice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Update on my progress : well today was a great day. I was able to swap out my new generator belt with new one. Checked all my hoses and clamps all looked good. Next step is putting carberator back in with air box. Change the oil and change and flush all fluids with new. Getting closer!! Gonna be riding soon enough. Also I am doing all my work with service OEM manual and basic mechanical knowledge.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in