From Da Northland - Page 2 - Kawasaki Ninja Forum

post #11 of 14 Old 12-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Ninja Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Holy crap dude! You're spectacular! Very happy to have you aboard, and fantastic attitude!

My therapist has 2 wheels and a seat. ///// If you're ever in doubt to my tone, just look at my avatar. ////// http://thedandooligan.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 12-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Haha!! Burn-z, I was refering to to the side walls, seems thatyou could use them seeing that you are leaned over soooo far!!!

We have a couple of circuits here, Symmons Plains in Northern Tasmania, and Baskerville raceway near Hobart down south. They have track days at SP, but as yet I have not had a go, but it is definately on the list.

We have a Go Cart track near home, and I so wanted to take Wifeys 250R there, but we sold it recently since she is not riding as much anymore. She enjoys jumping on the back of my 650R, so we will see if she wants to get another bike later on.

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R ABS Island Metallic Blue. Yoshi Exhaust, Sport Bars 3.0, CF Rimtape, Bar ends & Spools, Givi & Ventura Luggage, New Ninja Decal, Double Adjustable Levers, Frame Sliders, PC5 Power Commander, Pirelli Angel Tyres, and more to come!!!
post #13 of 14 Old 12-21-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice Ninja

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBoar View Post
Welcome to NN burnz! You are awesome with the photo posting (here and all the other threads) Well done. I'm a former MP myself (Canadian Forces 1990-2000) Good to have you along for the ride.
"MP Forever" to my brother from the north. What's the meaning of your screen name? Your bike wouldn't happen to be black would it? If your bike is black on the R1 forum they say you come from "The Darkside." lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooph View Post
Holy crap dude! You're spectacular! Very happy to have you aboard, and fantastic attitude!
Thanks spooph. Happy to help in any way I can. I always promote ATGATT and improving ones skills through as much schools/training and trackdays as possible. Most are so hesitant to get on the track but it has made such a dramatic difference in my riding I can't promote it enough as a way to learn. "Once you go track you'll never go back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandit View Post
Haha!! Burn-z, I was refering to to the side walls, seems thatyou could use them seeing that you are leaned over soooo far!!!

We have a couple of circuits here, Symmons Plains in Northern Tasmania, and Baskerville raceway near Hobart down south. They have track days at SP, but as yet I have not had a go, but it is definately on the list.

We have a Go Cart track near home, and I so wanted to take Wifeys 250R there, but we sold it recently since she is not riding as much anymore. She enjoys jumping on the back of my 650R, so we will see if she wants to get another bike later on.
Cart track might still be a little tight for a 250R. Motards rule on tracks that tight. I searched Tasmania and saw you had at least one. Definately make it a priority to get out on one this year. I guarantee you won't regret it...no tickets, speed limits, traffic, pedestrians or obstacles and everyones going the same direction.
Thanks so much again for the manual. That will come in so handy. I don't have a ton of experience working on bikes but I can follow directions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 Old 12-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Elite Rider

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn-z View Post
Thanks mate. The wife loves her Ninja I just wish I could get her to ride more. Two tip-overs while stopped made her a little gun-shy. Slick concrete garage floors and sandy parking lots don't instill confidence. I tell her not to worry as that's what frame sliders and protection are for. She has been so afraid of damaging her bike that now she hardly ever rides.
Why don't you try to talk her into joining here herself? There are some friendly ladies here too and I'm sure many of us have worked through the same things... myself included. Not to mention the boys here are super supportive and helpful to female riders.

"Life is too short to ride bitch"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Ninja Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in